Chapter Thirteen

***JEREMI POV***

Propped up on my elbow I stare at Lucas as he sleeps peacefully next to me. He had finally come home and talked to me about everything that was bothering him. He told me about the stress of his father and how drinking helped him forget. He told me about how Arnold way back when was the one he would run to when his father was practically brutal so that was why he ran to him now. It was his security blanket. And then he told me something that broke my heart. He had seen his father at the mall and then saw a girl from his class. He swore to me up and down that nothing serious happened with the girl. That he couldn't do that to me that he stopped it and told her to leave him alone. I believed him. Why I stayed I still don't know. Maybe its because the pain of losing him was much worse then taking him back and trying to fix things. I hope this time he was telling the truth. He had broken down into tears in my arms begging for forgiveness, so maybe just maybe this time will be different. Lucas stirs in his sleep and turns on his side, his back to me. I move closer and curl up against his back, kissing his bare back making him shiver in his sleep. He moans and rolls over again, his eyes opening sleep filled as and peering at me. He gives me a sleepy grin and  his arm snakes out to hold me close to him.

"Why are you still awake? Its late." He whispers, his voice choked with exhaustion. I shrug and kiss his nose making him wrinkle it. "Don't do that." He whines and pulls me closer. I was the perfect height, my head came just below his chin so could curl up against him and he could rest his chin on the top of my head. I snuggle in deeper and kiss his chest making him shudder and tighten his grip on me. " I love you Jeremi." He whispers, his breath warm on my head. I smile and move to look up at him.

"I love you too Lucas, and I know we can get through this. Together." He peers into my eyes and gives me just a ghost of his Cheshire smile.

"Together." He says and I lean up to kiss his lips passionately. I could tell by the way he was shaking that he was terrified. But like I promised Regan. I wasn't going to let this family fall apart. I would help Lucas anyway he needed. First things first... NO More ARNOLD!

***ARNOLD POV***

From Lucas:

Listen, We need to stop hanging out.
I have a daughter I need to think about.
thank you for everything you've done for me Arnold
I truly appreciate it. But we need to stop haning out.
I cant get HIgh and Drug everyday anymore. Its not good
for Regan. I'm so sorry Bro.

Lucas

I stare at the text as Red fills my vision. This wasn't Lucas talking. It was that Bitch Jeremi forcing him to say this rubbish. I knew Lucas. He didnt want to stop the partying, He never did! He needed it to help his stress over his father. I understood that. But Clearly Jeremi didn't! She just wanted him to be sober so he could take care of her Brat. I bet it wasn't even his! She was such a slut! Ok so I didn't know that for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was! She seemed the type though... Ok maybe not but STILL! I stare at the Text in anger until the Red consumes my vision

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I shout throwing my phone across the room. "FUCK!" I seethe as I watch it break to pieces as it connects with the wall. Great just fucking Great. I storm over to my duffel back and grab the back up phone I had. I grab it up and march over to the broken one, grabbing the sim card and sticking it in the new phone before turning it on. The new phone comes to life and I sigh with relieve. Thank whatever that this back up on still worked. Lucas's text pops into my head again and my hand tightens around the phone. How could Jeremi do this to him? didn't she know she was going to make his stress that much worse? "Fine Bitch. Two can play at this game." I grumble as a plan starts to form in my mind. If she was going to try and make his stress grow, then why not help her? I would make his stress so bad that he would be forced to tell the bitch off and come back to de stress. A smile spreads on my face as I dial a number I hadn't dialed in almost four years.