Chapter Seventeen

***JEREMI POV***

Holding Regan in my arms I wait in the Small waiting area until Officer Mike finally walks over.'

"Ms. Flint You shouldn't be here." He says with a frown. I shake my head.

"I want to see Lucas." I say. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "Please I know You're not suppose to. But I need to talk to him. I need to tell him I'm not mad at him." I say, tears springing to my eyes. Its been three days since the accident and Lucas was still in police custody. I had went home yesterday to mom and dads house but it just wasn't the same. I needed to speak to him for more then one reason. I needed to see the regret in his eyes for even going to Arnold in the first place, and I needed to tell him I'm not mad at him for shoving me. Getting drunk yes. But the rage no, it wasn't him, he was drugged. But the fact that he had chosen to go to Arnold in the first place it hurt.... A lot. Officer Mike sighs and nods.

"Alright come with me." He says and leads me through a door into the bustling Police station. He leads me through the chaos and into a small white hallway. Pausing outside of a room he unlocks it and ushers me inside a small room with a table and two chairs. "Wait here I'll bring him." He says and closes the door. Regan makes a distressed noise and wiggles, trying to get out of my arms. I bend down and place her on the floor, grabbing a toy out of her diaper bag and handing it to her. I sit down in one of the chairs and wait until I hear the door handle jiggle as someone opens the door. I stand up and scoop up my daughter as Officer Mike comes in, Lucas in tow.

***LUCAS POV***

My mouth drops open when I see Jeremi standing in the interrogation room, Regan in hand.

"What are you doing here?" I croak out, too stunned to believe my own eyes. Officer Mike pushes me into the room and looking between the two of us He sighs and points to my handcuffs.

"Because of the situation, Those have to stay on. I'm sorry. I'll be right outside this door if you need anything." He says and leaves the room, leaving the door slightly cracked incase we need him. I don't move from my spot, just staring at her. She gives me a small smile and I take a small step toward her before stopping.

"Can I give you a hug?" I ask, blushing. She nods and crosses the distance between us. Awkwardly I lift my arms and she ducks under the handcuffs letting me rest my bound hands on her back. She steps close to me and I give her the best hug I can, Regan wiggling between us. I look down at her and smile. "Hey baby girl." I whisper kissing her forehead making her giggle and lean toward me. I look at Jeremi and lean over to kiss her, she moves, giving me her cheek. Confused I kiss her cheek and lift my hands so she can step out. "How are you?" I ask, going over and sitting down. She places Regan back on the floor and sits down across from me.

"I'm good. I needed to come down here and see you. To let you know something." She looks down. "I'm not mad at you, I don't hate you for what happened. I figured it out that Arnold Drugged you. I forgive for that, it wasn't your fault." She says and I feel a weight lift off my shoulders at the same time guilt crashes into me.

"it was my fault. I got drunk in the first place. I set myself up to be drugged." I whisper. She looks up and nods.

"You're right. You did get drunk. That's what I'm pissed at. Lucas you need help. If you are released you need to get help for yourself. You're an alcoholic and turning into a drug addict." I look down. "One more thing." I look up and my heart stops at her expression. "Until you get yourself help, until you are clean and free of all this, Lucas I cant be with you. I just cant handle it anymore. I wont take Regan from you. But You need to leave the house. I already talked to Fiona and she understands, she says you can live with her." Tears fall from my eyes. I couldn't say I was surprised. I had figured something like this would happen. I open my mouth to promise her I would get help but she stops me. "Don't promise anything. I'm tired of your broken promises. You want to show me you're going to try? Then do It Lucas. I know you can." She says taking one of my hands. She leans forward and I lean over to. She gives me a small kiss and I taste her tears on her lips.