Chapter 4

Esperanza's dress above/side.

Esperanza POV

I woke up to the sunlight streaming through the window above my bed. I groaned and used my hand to shield my face from the sun. I unlocked my phone's home screen, to check the time it was 10:30 am. As today is Saturday, I usually wake up late, pushing my blanket off me I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Then I walked down the stairs to the kitchen to have breakfast. As I entered the kitchen, my eyes fell on Angelo who was hogging his breakfast sitting at the dining table. I glared at him saying "Slow down dude, the food's not going anywhere". He looked up from his plate grinning at me and said with food in his mouth " I know, but I'm hungry and the food tastes delicious". "Omg Angelo, please close your mouth, talk after chewing the food". I exclaimed at him taking a seat at the dining table "Oh my goodness Angelo, behave yourself and eat your breakfast properly". Mom said coming out of the kitchen with my plate of breakfast, which consists of eggs, Lemon flavoured cupcakes and coffee. Today it being a Saturday, my mom too had a holiday from her job, so usually she would cook the breakfast for everyone. "Good morning dear, here's your breakfast." She said handing me the plate. "Good morning and thanks mom". I said kissing my mom's cheek. I started eating my breakfast, my mom also sat down on the chair opposite to me having her breakfast. "So, what are your plans for today?" Mom asked taking a bite of the cake. Angelo looked at me with a grin and replied excitedly, "Esperanza is taking me to the fair today." "Oh is that so, well then you guys enjoy yourselves". My mom said looking surprised. "Mom why don't you come with us to the fair," I suggested looking at her. "Oh I won't be able to come I have already promised a friend of mine that I'll meet her and help her out in cooking, as today is her grandchild's birthday". She said looking at me. "Well then, you too enjoy and take care". I said before she could say anything. "Esperanza, when are you going to marry and give me some grandchildren?" she asked looking at me expectingly. "Omg mom, this is enough ok, I don't want to talk about it," I exclaimed choking on the food and blushing furiously. Angelo just laughed at this. Seeing me glare at him, he stopped. Mom just sighed at this saying, "I'm just concerned about you." "Mom I know that you're concerned about me, but I will get married when I find someone ok, and it's really not easy for me to forget what happened," I replied calmly. My mom just nodded and sighed not saying anything. We all then finished our breakfast in silence. After breakfast, I went to my room to check and correct the test papers which have to be given back to the students on Monday. I took the papers out of my bag and started checking them, sitting at my desk. A while later Angelo entered my room. "What are you doing?" He asked looking over my shoulder. "Just correcting the test papers Angelo," I said without looking at him. He groaned, "Essi, Today is a Saturday, It's a holiday." He said whining. "Your point is?" I asked bored, groaning hearing him call me by my pet name.

"You don't spend time with me or play with me!!" He exclaimed. "Angelo, I'm doing this work so that later I can spend time with you, ok bubba". I said hugging him. I have always been close to my brother, despite the age difference between us, I know that my job has kept me really busy because of which I'm not able to spend time with my brother. "Ok," Angelo replied nodding his head and smiling at me. He walked out of my room leaving me alone to do my work in peace.
-----------------------------------------------------

I stretched standing up from my seat, after correcting all the test papers, looking at the time on my phone, it showed that it is 1:30 pm. Wow, I didn't come to know that so much time had already passed. After arranging the papers on my desk I walked towards my bathroom to take a bath but decided to tell Angelo to get dressed so that we can leave for the fair. I walked into his room, going inside to see him sleeping peacefully on his bed, I shook his shoulder waking him up, "Angelo, get up we have to go the fair". I said. He groaned waking up, "What is it? Let me sleep for some more time." "Fine then, you can go back to sleep and we'll cancel the plan of going to the fair". I said crossing my arms and looking at him. This made him jolt out of the bed and rush to his bathroom, he shouted, "Give me 10 minutes!! I'll be ready by then!!" I laughed at him saying ok and going to my room to take a bath. After my bath, I dried my wet hair with a fluffy towel, walking to my wardrobe to get dressed and choose a simple Floral knee-length dress which was a white dress with flowers on it. I changed into the dress and decided to wear flats on my feet. I heard my brother shouting from the living room for me to hurry up. I tied my hair in a Ponytail as the weather was hot, applied eyeliner on my eyes and gloss on my lips, taking my sling bag and shoving my purse and keys into it. I walked down the stairs saying, "Calm down Angelo, I'm ready, let's go". I looked around the living room but couldn't spot my mom so I asked Angelo, "Where's mom?" "Oh, she just left to go to her friend's place, said she will be back by 11 pm". He said wearing his shoes "Ok, let's go then". I said walking out of the house, locking the front door after my brother exited. We walked towards my car and got in. I started my car and turned to Angelo who was sitting in the passenger seat. "You ready to go Angelo?" I asked smiling at him. "Yes!!!! We're going to have so much fun, I'm so happy". He literally squealed. I laughed, "That we will bro". I said driving towards the fair.

But little did I know what was in store for me at the fair.

Here's the 4th chapter. Guys, I wanted the person reading this story to imagine herself as Esperanza, so I haven't put a pic of who I imagine as Esperanza. If you guys want a pic let me know and I'll definitely put it up. And the story will mostly be from Esperanza's POV but there will be other POVs too.