Chapter 22

Esperanza POV

It would be an understatement to say that I'm nervous, I didn't know how to tell mom about what Ms Preysler said. With a sigh, I walk downstairs and find mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast and Angelo is sitting and having breakfast. "Good morning". Mom greets me which I return and sit beside Angelo, "Good morning Angie". I tease him. "What's so good about this morning?". He grumbles and glares at me and returns back to eating. This is it, it's the only opportunity to tell mom about it. "Mom I want to tell you something," I say nervously. "Sure, go ahead dear". Mom replies eating her breakfast. "Angelo, why don't you go and get ready for school?" I tell Angelo. He glares at me but leaves the room grumbling about adults wanting to talk in private and they don't tell kids anything and he isn't a kid. "Mom, I found out who the anonymous person is". "Oh, really who is it?? We must reply him or her for their act of kindness". Mom says totally surprised. "It's Ms Presyler mom". I inform in a flat tone. "Oh, what does she want?". Mom asks carefully knowing Ms Preslyer. "The same thing, she wants me to marry Enrique, she doesn't want any money or anything else, I don't know what to do?" I groan and bury my head in my hands totally frustrated with what to do. "Oh dear! You know what's good for you and I know you are worried about me and your brother because of which you don't want to marry but you know your dad's last wish was to see you get married and to settle down and have your own family, if he would have been here, he would make any guy shit in his pants before agreeing to the marriage". We both chuckle at this knowing fully well that dad would have made the guy's life miserable before giving me permission to marry him. "So sweetie, I would love for you to marry Enrique he is a nice guy, he may be a player but he has a good heart and cares for his family, And I wish to see you happy and married before I die". Mom says giving my hand a tight squeeze. "Momm, don't say that". I whine. "I'll talk to Ms Preslyer and then to Enrique before deciding anything". I say finally. "That's my girl". Mom says patting my back. "I'm only considering this marriage only on your and remembering dad's wish". I scowl at her happy face and stomp to my bedroom to get dressed. After getting dressed I call out for Angelo and we head out after saying our goodbyes to mom.
------------------------------------------------------

After finishing my day at college, I call Ms Preslyer and tell her to meet me to discuss the marriage.
I can't believe I'm even considering this. It's not about there something wrong in marrying Enrique but my past doesn't let me move forward and move on with my life, it is always haunting me. Packing my bag and shutting my classroom door, I walk towards the exit and to my car, today I decided to take my car with me to the cafe nearby. Parking my car in the parking lot of the cafe and I walk inside. It wasn't difficult to find Ms Preslyer. Taking a seat opposite of her, greeting her I say, "How are you Ms Preslyer?" I ask, "I'm fine dear, how are you?" She says with a smile. "I'm good, thank you for asking". "So dear, what is it that you wanted to talk about?". She asks getting directly to the point. "I would like to talk to Enrique before taking a decision". I say holding my breath totally expecting Ms Preslyer to decline and protest. "OK, done; I'll inform him about it". She agrees. "Really!? OK, thank you". I say surprised. "I hope that your doubts are cleared after meeting Enrique". Ms Preslyer enquires. "I just would like to discuss somethings with him before arriving at a decision". "OK". After sitting for some more time and having a cup of coffee and some small talk we both bid our goodbyes and leave the cafe.
Shit, I seriously have no idea what have I gotten myself into. Getting in the car, I call mom to inform her that I'm on my way home.
After reaching home and parking my car in the garage I get out, entering the house, I find my mom and Angelo waiting for me at the dining table. "Sorry guys just had a talk with Ms Preslyer". I say rushing upstairs to freshen up. "Be quick please, I'm starving". Angelo yells. I freshen up in a record time of 5 minutes and go down to the dining room. "Finally". Angelo sighs dramatically. I stick my tongue out at him and sit down beside mom has she serves us food. "So Essi how was your talk with Isabel?" She enquires. "It was good, I just want to meet Enrique before deciding anything". I answer "Is it true then?? That you're marrying Enrique Iglesias?" Angelo exclaims. "It's not decided yet Angelo so no need to get excited". I say bluntly. "You will dear If it is God's wish". Mom says patting my hand. "Let's see" I mutter and dig into my food. After dinner, I help mom in washing the plates. Angelo decides to watch TV and after cleaning the kitchen mom and I decide to join him and spend some quality time together. While watching some movie, my phone starts ringing, it is and an unknown number, I wonder who must it be, walking outside and on the front porch, I answer the phone. "Hello?" "Essi!!! I just heard your dying to meet me". Someone exclaims. "Who is this?". I ask. "Seriously, you don't know me? Do you know girls die to meet me and for my number"? That person gasps. Suddenly realization hits me. "Enrique? How did you get my number?"I ask already irritated with him. "Finally you recognize me and no greetings for me?". He asks in a hurt tone. "No, because I don't have your number, your calling at night to get to the point and tell me where did you get my number from and why have you called me?" I ask annoyed. "Uhh, fine I got your number from mom, she said you want to meet me". He replies. "OK, so where are we meeting". "I'm coming to Spain this weekend, mom insists that I do to meet you and discuss things which I don't know about but mom said she will tell me about it when I come here". He says. "OK fine by me". I answer. We both stayed silent on the phone lost in our thoughts mine mainly including my decision regarding marrying Enrique. "Soo... OK, bye see you". He says and cuts the call even before I could say goodbye. Running a hand through my hair I decided to call it a night and go to bed. Wishing mom and Angelo good night and go to my room, changing my clothes, I get in bed and am asleep within minutes.

Here's Chapter 22, hope you guys like it. I have been really Busy so I'll try and update whenever I can. Sorry for the delay guys.
Do vote, comment and share my story.
Lots of love..!!♥♥