Chapter 20

Enrique POV

I give a tight smile at the cameras flashing at my face. It has been 2 days since Charisse gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, she looks a lot like Julio but has Clarisse's eyes and hair, Julio and Clarisse decided to name her Adelaide. "Enrique who are you here for?" A man from the paparazzi asks, this brings me to back from my thoughts. I'm waiting for my mother at the airport. I'm waiting inside the airport and besides a really tight security, the paps still found me and a literally hounding me, I hope mom get's here soon, her flight has already landed a few minutes ago. I sigh in relief seeing my mom, searching for me. Walking to her I suddenly hug her. She screeches in surprise, "You scared me Enrique, Is this the way to greet your mother?" She scolds me breaking the hug. I laugh and say, "I just missed my Mama so much and the paparazzi was getting on my nerves, I was relieved to see you at last. "You should get used to it by now, but it's ok because I love you and I missed you too". Mom chuckles giving me another hug. "Let's go" I say with a smile has a grab her luggage bag and walk towards the exit and to my car. "I heard about Anna, I'm really sorry for what happened". Mom says. "Mom let's not talk about her ok, she is my past now which i'm trying to forget and who told you about her?". I tell her. "Don't worry it wasn't your brother, I came to know from the news and I understand, I always knew that she wasn't a good person, but didn't think she would do this". Mom says shaking her head. "Let's just forget about it". I reply in a monotones voice. "But we will discuss this later on; So, tell me how's baby Adelaide? and how's Clarisse?" Mom asks excited. "They both are fine, Baby Adelaide is healthy, she has Clarisse's eyes and hair rest she is all Julio". I reply her with a smile. "I'm so excited to meet her, my first grandchild from my son, I hope you will also give me some grandchildren soon Enrique". Mom teases me. "Mom....!! This is embarrassing..!! You should be happy you at least have a granddaughter already". I say shaking my head. "Oh I am!!" She nods her head excitedly. With a chuckle I tell her to get in the car. We talk about everyone back in Spain. I also inform mom that dad will be visiting us soon, to which she just waves it off, not really interested. It has been years since their divorce and both of them have decided to not have any contact or relation with each other except for their children. "We're here". I announce pulling up at the parking area of Julio's house. "Julio told me to bring you here, has Clarisse will be released from the hospital today, you can freshen up and rest by the time you wake up, Julio should be home with Clarisse and Adelaide". I say opening the front door with a spare key that Julio had given me. "OK sounds good to me, will you get my bag too?". Mom says walking inside while I go and get her bag from the car. "OK mom, let me show you your room". I say walking inside the house with mom's bag, I find her having a glass of water in the kitchen. "Lead the way then". Mom says walking besides me. I lead her to the 1st room upstairs, which was the guest room. "OK mom, I'll be going to the hospital, Julio needs help, that guy is utterly hopeless". I chuckle. "I know, Enrique I want to talk to you about something but it can wait for the time being". Mom says shooing me out of the room. In this past month so much has happened, I can't even imagine that it would happen. It has changed my life you can say. I have been busy these past 2 days with helping Julio that I am able to forget about whatever that has happened. I'm brought back to reality from my thoughts when I hear my phone ring. "Yes Julio I'm already on my way". I say. "Thank god...!! Has mom reached?" He asks me. "Yes, I told her to rest in the meanwhile". I answer getting in the car and starting it. "Ohkk that's good". He says. "I'm cutting the call now, I'll be there in a few". With that I cut the call and drive out of the parking area and towards the hospital.
Entering the room in which Clarisse was, Julio was rushing around trying to get everything packed and Adelaide was sleeping in her baby bed. "Oh thank god you're here, can you get Adelaide, Clarrise is getting dressed". Julio says. With a nod I slowly pick Adelaide from her bed, carefully so that she doesn't wake up. I put her in the child seat to be kept in the car. Clarisse exits the bathroom and sees me, "Oh Enrique, you can help your brother while I'll take Adelaide". She says taking Adelaide from me as I go to help Julio, we all exit the room together. "You know Enrique this is a good practice for you, for when you have your own kids". Julio teases. "Ha, As if that is going to happen anytime soon, I don't even have a girlfriend". I glare at him. "Oh no need to worry, Mom is here and she will for sure get you married to that girl she has set you up within a few months". He says smugly. I just glare at him. We walk out of the hospital and towards my car. I just hope that what Julio has said isn't true, Essi isn't a bad match for me or anything but right now isn't a good time. I sigh remembering mom's threat or warning whatever you want to call it. I don't think I have a choice in this matter and I can't even hate my mother for doing this to me, I'm really upset and angry at her though. Clarrise sits on the backseat with Adelaide and Julio gets in the passenger seat as I get in the driver seat. "OK, all set?" I ask Clarisse and Julio to which they mutter yes. I drive out of the parking lot and towards Julio's house. I'm really worried about what Julio said, I don't like anyone interfering in my personal life and mom is doing just that which is frustrating me, I hope she goes back home without talking about the marriage thing, which is actually ridiculous, I mean who follows arranged marriage system nowadays. As we reach Julio's house I park the car in the garage. Julio hurriedly gets out and goes to help Clarisse. I lock the car and we all enter the house which is silent. "I guess mom is sleeping". I comment. "Ya, let her rest, you should also go and rest for a bit,I and Clarrise too will take a nap while Adelaide is sleeping". Julio says. With a nod I go upstairs and to the spare guest room which is besides the one mom is in. Entering the room, I fall on the bed and doze off in no time.
------------------------------------------------------
I wake up to a baby crying, how did a baby get in my house? I look around the dark room, switching on the bedside lamp I realise that I'm at Julio's house. With a groan I get up, entering the bathroom, freshen up  and walk downstairs. Entering the living room I see Mom trying to make Adelaide stop from crying. "Where is Clarisse?" I ask. "She is resting, I didn't want to disturb her, Julio is up and has gone out to get some things so that we can cook dinner". Mom says. "Ohkk, Give her to me, maybe she will stop crying being with her favorite uncle". I tease. "She is my grandchild, obviously she likes me too". Mom says with her eyes narrowed at me. "Ok ok". I raise my hands in front of my chest in surrender. When she doesn't stop crying, mom hands her to me and she immediately stops crying and just stares at me. "See I told you, I'm her favorite uncle". I grinned, while mom scowls at me muttering,"ya ya". Waving me off. "I heard Adelaide cry". Looking up I see Clarrise walking down the stairs. "Oh honey, you should rest". Mom says greeting her with a hug. "It's OK Isabel, I'm just tired but I'll be fine after some days". Clarisse smiles has I hand Adelaide to her. "Where is Julio?"She asks. "He has gone to the grocery store". I answer her. "OK, I'll just feed Adelaide and make dinner". She says. "You should rest dear, I'll prepare dinner and your cook is also there to help me". Mom says. "OK, thank you". Clarisse says walking upstairs. "Do you want coffee?" Mom asks me. "Yes". We both enter the kitchen, "Enrique, I wanted to talk to you about Anna, I had my suspicions about her but I wasn't sure so I didn't inform you about it, I'm sorry for that". Mom says her back facing me, she was setting the kettle on the stove and pouring water into it for coffee. "It's OK mom, no one knew anything about this, I'll take time to get over her but eventually I will". I say taking a seat by the kitchen counter. "You know, there are many girls out there that are not like Anna, who are really good and who are suitable for you". Mom comments. I don't say anything knowing exactly where this is going. She continues, "Esperanza is a really nice girl, I'm just looking out for you when I said that I want you to marry her". "Mom, I agree she is nice but this is not the right time, I'm still not over Anna and I'm not ready for marriage or for that type of commitment". I answer her. "You may not be ready but you and Esperanza have a connection or a attraction which is the reason I want you to marry her". Mom says trying to make me understand. "I can't marry her just because we have an attraction, marriage is really a big commitment". I say. "OK whatever you say, but you will marry her Enrique". Mom says handing me a mug of coffee, taking a seat by the counter, surprisingly we had the conversation calmly without anyone getting angry. Just then Julio enters, "Mom I bought everything you told me to, So where is Clarisse and Adelaide?". He asks. "Clarisse is in Adelaide's room with her". Mom answers going through the things Julio has bought for dinner. "OK, cook dinner fast Mom, I'm really hungry". He says rushing upstairs before mom could say anything. I place the mug in the wash basin after finishing my coffee. "Boy! Rinse the mug". Mom scolds. "It's OK Ms Preslery, I can do that". Julio cooks says. "No no, it's not ok Maria,let him do it". Mom answers her. Without minding them I rinse the mug. "I'll be in the living room". Informing mom I walk toward the living room, deciding to watch some TV to pass time I turn on the TV and settle on watching a action movie, but I'm soon I'm lost in my thoughts. I know mom is up to something and she most definitely won't stop until she gets me and Esperanza married. Esperanza is a really beautiful woman but I'm not ready for marriage, especially since it hasn't even been long for mine and Anna's break up. I just hope mom doesn't discuss this topic again at least till she is here. After a while Mom calls me for dinner. I get up with a sigh, switching off the TV to which I didn't even pay any attention as I was lost in my thoughts and enter the dining room hoping all goes smoothly.

Hope you guys like it, do vote, comment and share my story if you guys like it.
Thanks to everyone reading this story, for voting and commenting.
Love you guys.❤😘

And
Merry Christmas to all my readers, you'll have a joyful Christmas and Happy holidays...!! 😘🎅🎄