Chapter 28

Third person POV

They looked into each other's eyes as the priest announces, it's time for exchanging the vows. He prays over us and tells us to exchange rings while saying the vows. "Enrique repeat after me". He  instructs Enrique and Enrique starts repeating after him,"I Enrique Iglesias take you, Esperanza Fernandez, to be my lawfully wedded wife, I promise to love you and cherish you in our good times and bad, in sickness and health till death do us apart; with this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion to you as I take you as my wife". While looking into Essi's eyes, Enrique slides the ring onto her ring finger.
Then Esperanza repeats the vows after the priest,"I Esperanza Fernandez take you, Enrique Iglesias, to be my lawfully wedded husband, I promise to love you and cherish you in our good times and bad, in sickness and health till death do us apart;with this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion to you I take you as my husband". She slides the ring onto his finger. The priest pronouns us as husband and wife, "You may now kiss the bride".
Enrique removes the veil from her face and puts a hand on Essi's face and the other on her waist pulling her closer, looking into her eyes as her hands grasp his coat at the waist, they look into each other's eyes and their lips find each other. Enrique loves the taste of her lips on him, so soft and addictive, he deepens the kiss but breaks it as he realises that they are not alone, as the people clapping and hollering them. He breaks the kiss taking in Essi's flushed face as she blushes even more and hides her face by looking down.
She can't believe she just kissed him, even though she knew this would happen, she can still feel his lips on hers, his lips are soft and warm and his stubble tickled her.
She finally looks up meeting his eyes as he puts my hand on his arm and turns us to face the people in the Church. They both smile at the crowd and turn towards the priest who goes on with the remaining services of the mass.
After the mass is over, Enrique and Esperanza walk down the aisle towards the entrance of the church. Enrique takes Essi in the direction of the limo waiting for them. Helping her inside, he slides in after her.
Essi plays with her hands suddenly nervous being alone with Enrique who is now her husband in such a confined space. "You look beautiful". Enrique breaks the silence looking at her as the limo driver starts heading towards the reception venue. "Thank you, you look really handsome yourself". "I know right? I knew you couldn't help but stumble and give in to my charms". He teases. "And he's back, the arrogant bastard". Essi scowls at him. "This bastard is your husband now". He reminds her. "And I'm your wife". She informs him. "That you are, so we're really married, it's hard to believe that I'm finally married". He smiles at her running a hand through his hair.
"It's hard for me too but I promise that no matter wat th circumstances we'll try and make this work". She promises to take his hands in hers and giving it a squeeze. "I promise too". He promises in return.
"Sir we have reached". We get interrupted by the limo driver.
Opening the door Enrique gets out and holds his hand out for Essi to take.
As she takes hold of his hand and gets out of the limo.
She stucks in a breath stunned by the decoration and the place. "Isabel has out done herself". She comments. "I know, mom is known to do that; as always". He says looking at her and they walk towards the entrance. Everyone is already waiting for them inside.
As they enter they are greeted and congratulated by Isabel, Essi's mother and their family.
"I'm so happy for you, hope you find your happiness". Essi's mom says kissing her on the forehead and turning to Enrique "You too Enrique, take care of eachother, always".
"Always". He repeats. "My boy is finally married". Isabel interrupts them pulling Essi n Enrique in a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you mom, You can let us go now". Enrique grimaces. "I'm so happy for you'll, be happy and support each other always". Isabel says releasing them from the hug. "We will Isabel". Essi says. Suddenly Enrique gets hordered by his friends, while he is distracted Isabel takes Essi's hands,"Promise me that you will give my son a chance, give your relationship a chance to bloom". "I won't promise you but I'll try and give it my all". Essi says truthfully to which Isabel smiles and leaves them alone as Enrique turns to Essi and introduces her to his friends.
Soon, the celebration starts with the wedding march as the newly married couple enjoy it and this proceeds the cake cutting to which they feed each other a bit and then take turns as they feed their parents and siblings and in laws too.
The host announces that it's time for the couple to have their first dance has a couple as the music starts. Enrique leads Essi to the dance floor, pulling her closer by the waist, as she places both her hands, intertwining them around his neck, they start dancing. Looking into each other's eyes they can see the promise that perhaps this marriage will work out even though it all started on a bad note.
Soon they were joined in by the other couples on the dance floor. "So Mrs Iglesias, how are you feeling now that you're married to the famous Enrique Iglesias?". He grins at her, rolling her eyes,"i don't know, I'm overwhelming with happiness". She replying with mock enthusiasm, to which he laughs out loud. "I expect nothing less from you Essi, you might not know this or realise it but let me tell you, you're one of the people who know me for who I am and not some global pop singer and I value that". "For this, I consider myself lucky then Enrique". Essi smiles. How badly She wants to tell him that maybe now she likes him too and maybe someday they will fall in love not wanting to raise her hopes up and not wanting to be depressed and disappointed that it didn't work out. "You do know that I like you already for who you are and that's the reason I agreed to work things between us". He stares at her in complete adoration. "As do I". She confesses as he dips down and kisses her on the cheek and then on the forehead. Essi freezes and closes her eyes savouring the feeling of his lips on her skin. She selfishly hopes that she is the only one with this privilege.
Soon the dance comes to an end and the couple takes their seats as the best man speech begins the said best man being Enrique's brother. "Hello everyone, for those who don't know me, I'm Julio Enrique's brother, first of all, congratulations to this beautiful couple on their marriage, hope you guys love yourself till you are old and grey. you know I have seen Enrique and Essi grow up together and I had never imagined that they both would be married, but alas we are here at their wedding, I know this from my observations that Enrique is the ever caring guy who looks after those whom he loves and so is Essi but they both complete each others shortcomings too like while Enrique is a guy who is fun loving, a total flirt and someone who wears his heart on his sleeve, while Esperanza is a total bookworm and a strong person who has faced alot in the world and has overcome them and isn't scared to take up a challenge also she knows her worth and who puts others b4 herself and also self-conscious.
I know that this is a perfect match, may God be with u and cheers to u and Ur married life". He ends with holding his champagne glass up and raises a toast.
This follows with a few words from both their mothers and by Anna and Angelo too. This is followed by the dancefloor being opened for all. Enrique is dragged by his friends as Essi watches on and soon they drag her too. The night is filled with dancing, drinking and food.
As the party comes to an end, Essi's mother gives her a tearful hug wishing her good luck and happiness followed by her brother who promises her to look after mother and not to worry herself about them.
With final goodbyes, Essi gets in the limo with Enrique as they drive off to fly off to their honeymoon which was a surprise from Isabel who wouldn't take no for an answer.