I

"What do you mean L's dead!?" Mello yelled as he slammed his hands onto Roger's table.

You heard it right. L is dead, and it's all because of Kira. It saddens me to see Mello like that, I couldn't stand it.

L was like the parent we ever had, he taught us a lot of things. When he was still alive, he'd give us a lot of sweets. I remember having a toothache after all that.

"Mello, calm down." I said, but he didn't even look at me to listen.

"Hasn't L decided who would be his successor!?" He asked Roger again, getting more infuriated.

"I'm afraid he hasn't." He answered calmly, "Won't you and Near work together?"

"I wouldn't mind." Near cuts in while playing with his puzzle.

Mello turned his head and scowled at him.

"I refuse to work with him. If that's the case, then he should be the successor, not me."

"I'm leaving this institution."

My body froze, it's like my mind stopped working. Leave the orphanage? Is he out of his mind?

I quickly grabbed his arm and pleaded him, "Mello please, don't do this. It's dangerous out there." I begged with my voice trembled.

Mello groaned with irritation in his tone and slapped me, "Fuck off! Don't get your feelings mixed up into this. I'm leaving and that IS that!"

Tears formed in my eyes, that hurt. I never seen him so mad before.

Then Roger immediately stood up, reacting angrily to what he did to me, "That was uncalled for Mello! Apologize to (Y/N) right now!"

"Hmph."

Then Mello walked away.

Before I could even stand up, Near spoke. As if he just read my mind what I was about to do.

He kept putting his puzzle pieces together, "It's your choice if you wanted to go after him. But, you will be putting your life at risk. Like you said, it's dangerous outside."

"...."

I let out a "tch". Not out of irritation though. I gave it a second thought, Mello was always the kind of guy who would pick fights whenever. Once, I saw him kicked a soccer ball to a kid, and he got furious when the kid raged on him as well.

There was a time when I thought he protected me. I was outside of the institution, I couldn't remember what I was doing but, I know I got picked on by some adults.

I remembered Mello entering on the scene, and punched the hell of those guys. I admired him for that. I thanked him but, he said, "You're such a dumbass." And he walked off, just like he did earlier.

So, what will it be me? Should I go after him?

"(Y/N), I understand that you have feelings for Mello, but please try to consider your decision before making reckless actions." Roger reminded me, helping me to get up.

"You wouldn't want to wound up dead now."

He's right, what was I thinking? I shouldn't let my emotions take over me and that I should think about this rationally.

"Mello.." I muttered.