VII

Early in the Morning

"So do you like her?"

"The hell, Matt? Why would you even think of such a thing?"

"O'cmon, you just said that you kissed her hours ago!"

"I-I was not myself, alright? Now quit it or I'll kick your damn ass outside."

It's 7 AM in the morning and I'm hearing some conversation downstairs. Who's Mello talking to? Matt? Did he mean Mail Jeevas? I didn't know those two were close.

I got up from the bed and went downstairs to see Mello's guest.

"Eh? (Y/N)! I can't believe it's you!" Matt said cheerfully.

It really is Mail Jeevas. He also grew up in the Wammy's House back in England. We're pretty close, if that's what you're wondering. Oh, I forgot. He's Mello's friend.

He likes video games too. He also wears goggles all the time, sometimes on his eyes and sometimes on his head. He said it makes him 'badass' in wearing them.

Matt ran towards me and gave me a hug, "It's been so long! How've you been!?"

I hugged him back and replied, "I'm doing well!"

He suddenly lets go and chuckled, "Really? And I suppose it was Mello's kisses that made you 'well'?"

Because of Matt's 'joke', Mello suddenly elbowed him hard in the stomach. He started groaning in pain as his hands held the part where he got hit.

Then Mello turned his eyes on me, "You didn't hear anything from earlier right?"

I shook my head repeatedly, "No." I lied, I heard everything.

"You don't have to lie about it." He sighed, "Forget about it alright?"

I nodded in agreement. It's best to not think about it for now, we still have the Kira case ongoing. We can't be lazy at a time like this.

I was deep in thoughts when I got surprised when Mello grabbed my hand and started dragging me somewhere, "Come with me."

Well, I have no choice now, haven't I? You started dragging me around without me saying 'yes'!

"You guys enjoy your private time..!" Matt teased while still in pain.

**

"Exactly where are we going, Mello?" I asked, his grip is getting painful to me.

He didn't say a word. He continued dragging me to some place in his hidden basement. Huh, I just noticed that none of his men are around. I wonder where they are.

"Okay, we're here."

We stopped at a mysterious room, what're we even doing here? I took a quick look at our surrounding, it's pretty abandoned. I'm guessing that no one is sleeping in here since the room is all dusty and dirty.

He locked the door behind me.

"Uhmmm.." I still had no clue what's our business here.

"About last time.." He said softly.

"I'm sorry for my actions. Again. But.."

He moved closer and closer to me, making me step backwards until I hit a wall. He pinned me once again, is this his habit of talking to girls? Pinning them onto a wall?

"(Y/N), I just.."

He looks like he's hesitating.

"couldn't hold it back anymore."

"What're you talking about?"

Mello moves his face closer to my lips, and I just closed my eyes waiting for him to make his move. I kind of anticipated that this type of situation would happen. My heart is pounding so loud right now, and my hands are starting to sweat.

And there it happened again, he kissed my lips.