X

"Why aren't you answering me then?" His smirk is still in place while getting closer and closer. I'm almost cornered now.

I stayed quiet and looked away. Jeez, my heart is going to escape my rib cage any moment. I felt hot blood gushing onto my cheeks and my hands are getting all sweaty. That's gross.

"Well then, you leave me no choice."

That's when he started to put his arms onto the wall where I was cornered, completely locking me between his arms. He moved his face closer to my ear and began whispering sweet words to me. Well, at least I think so.

We were having a moment. He looks so vulnerable. I hesitated to touch his face at first, but then I noticed the burnt scar. I put my hand on where the scar is, then he gently held my hand, looking at me with such sad eyes. I pitied him.

"I'm so glad you're here. I thought no one will come after me anymore." His voice cracked, sounding like he was about to cry.

"Hey, listen to me." I said to him, "I'm not going anywhere." I gave him a smile to reassure my words.

This is getting really cheesy.

"Thank you."

He was about to kiss me when--

"Boss, we have a visitor!" One of the men came running, panting when he stopped. He looks kind of worried, or is it just me?

He turned his head around and glared at him, he clicked his tongue and said, "Can't you see I'm busy?"

..I just completely forgot that I was supposed to get the notebook from him. Great job, (Y/N).

"But boss," Wow he's quite persistent, isn't he?

"It's Cassandra."

Mello gave him a what-the-fuck look. He mouthed 'Are you serious?' and the man just nodded. Now that just got me curious. Who's this Cassandra? A friend of Mello's? I don't think she came from Wammy's House because I don't think there was a Cassandra when I was still living back there.

(A/N: Cassandra is just a character I made up. She's not really an official character of Death Note.)

"What's she doing here?" Mello grumpily asked. I forgot he has short temper. But what is with this Cassandra that got Mello so angry though? I somehow have a bad feeling about this.

****

"Melloooo!!" A mature-looking woman with scarlet hair smiled and waved at Mello. She's wearing a sexy-fitted dress (with her cleavage showing I'll give you that) with knee-high black boots. She's also wearing a black leather jacket with fur on its hoodie. And her face with light makeup, except for her lips. They were red as cherries.

She ran over to Mello and gave him a quick hug.

Am I jealous?

"What're you doing here Cass?" Mello asked emotionless, but with grumpiness. He pushed Cassandra a little, letting go of the hug.

"Aww, don't you know the reason?" FYI, cute voices doesn't suit you dear.

"I missed you, Mello."

SHE.. WHAT?