II

5 years later after Mello left Wammy's House, Near started an organization named SPK. It's specialized for hunting down who the real Kira is.

In this time, the second L, who is currently leading the Japanese Taskforce, and Near are 'working together' in finding Kira. And how he kills people.

And right now, I'm included in the SPK myself. I wanted to hunt down Kira, but also I wanted to find Mello. This is my own case, and the members of the organization have nothing to do with it.

According to my research, Mello joined a mafia named Rod Ross. The mafiosi's whereabouts are unknown, but for sure, they are somewhere in America. And I won't give up trying to find him.

"Busy with finding Mello, I see." A voice startled me from behind.

I jumped a little from my chair, and turned around, it's Near. "You scared me." I said while panting a bit.

"A-And yes, I'm looking for him."

I turned back to where I'm focused on, typing, and searching for their location. When he left the orphanage, he never visited Near and I since. I know Near just let Mello be, but I couldn't sit around, knowing that Mello might be in danger.

Of course, that was just a dumb thought. Mello is intelligent, he wouldn't get in trouble just like that. I can't help but get relieved at that fact, he knows how to take care of himself.

I sighed with depression. I couldn't get any more information regarding the mafia's location. I shouldn't make a wild guess to where they are, that might get me into trouble.

I stretched my arms up, "No luck." I said to myself.

Oh what the hell, what's life without a risk?

"I'm taking a trip to America."

Yeah, I'm really going. I needed to find him.

"Very well. I'll arrange a private jet for you tomorrow, I suggest that you take a rest now." Near recommended while playing with his toys.

I looked at him with a smile, "Thank you." And bowed.

It will be dangerous with Kira still on the loose, but I think I can handle my situation. After all, Kira doesn't know me, but I should take a mask tomorrow, just in case.

Kira needed a face and a name for him to kill. In the past years, there were two Kiras. The second one only needed a face, so to sum it up, the identity of a person must be concealed in order to not get killed.

Thanks to L, I know some information about the ongoing case. I will be safe, for now at least.

I wonder what Mello is doing right now? I bet he's eating chocolates again.