III

At the moment, I'm on the private jet that Near had arranged for me. I'm really thankful that he didn't object to what I said yesterday.

I looked at the window, admiring the view. I can see the clouds that we're passing by. It's gorgeous, if only the world would be this peaceful.

The memory of L's death, haunted me once again. When Mello, Near and I were kids, L promised us that he would bring Kira to justice and that the entire world would be safe from his killings.

Apparently, that didn't happen. Death came before he even got Kira to justice, I mourned for him for days. I mean, L was really smart, he solved numerous cases but this particular one got him and Watari killed. I should have gotten over this years ago, but L visits me in my dreams.

It was vague, but I know it was him. Telling me that everything is going to be alright, and that his promise would be fulfilled somehow.

Even in my dreams, L was eating sweets.

I chuckled. I'm surprised that he didn't get diabetes for eating lots of them.

**

I drifted off to sleep. And I woke up with the jet already landed on a deserted place.

Where is this? Am I in America? This looks really bizarre. I've never been to the country, so I'm unfamiliar with this area.

I got off the jet, and took a look around. I crossed my arms and sighed, "Was there a problem with the jet's GPS or something?"

I don't see any signs of buildings, or anything.

Duh, because this place is deserted you dumb twat.

Even my subconscious called me dumb. I'm not even surprised.

I slid in my hand into my pocket to grab my phone to check it. I opened my phone and to my surprise, there was no signal. I can't contact Near. Looks like I'm on my own.

I started to walk around, investigating the area. No clues, no luck.

And there I noticed that there was a helicopter landing, I quickly ran back to the jet and hid under it. It's an idiotic place to hide, but I had no choice since this IS a deserted area.

When the chopper landed, a couple of men wearing suits got off. They were carrying some briefcases, what are they up to? They look like gang members.

!!

Did the ground just opened..? It looks like their secret hideout.

After they went in, I followed them. Good thing the entrance didn't close yet.

An underground base, this is interesting. I looked down and noticed that there was a path leading to somewhere, so I followed it.

At the end of the path, there was a bunch of those men that I saw earlier.

And one particular man stood out among them. He was sitting on a couch, eating something, with his right leg on top of his left one.

Could it be?

I walked nearer, and because of my stupid action, I stepped on something and made a noise. Great, well done. So much for being stealthy.

The men stood up and held their guns, pointing at my direction, "Who goes there?"

I raised both of my hands as a sign of surrender, and walked even closer, "I mean you no harm. I'm just.. looking for Mello."

And as soon as he heard my voice, he gave out a heavy sigh, he turned around bit some of his chocolate, facing me, "It's you, (Y/N). Didn't I tell you to fuck off years ago? And you're still chasing after me? Pathetic, still a dumbass. I thought you matured."