IV

"Technically, I didn't mature." I sarcastically defended myself, "Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Boss, who is she?" One of the mafia asked while still pointing their gun at me.

Mello groaned once again, "Just a peasant."

Rude.

"Leave us be. We have matters to talk about." Mello said while eating his chocolate.

The men nodded and obeyed his command, they left without hesitation. I'm assuming that Mello is their leader now, I see.

I crossed my arms and looked at him, "What have you been doing in these past few years?"

He opened up his arms, giving a smirk, "Leading a mafia of course. Wasn't it obvious? I have lots of money, and life is just great." He chuckled.

"Are you.. hunting down Kira as well?"

I asked nervously. I know pretty damn well about Mello's attitude, I know this is a competition for him and Near. He may end up going to his demise because of his actions.

"I am going to become number one. I will beat Near, I will have Kira's head for myself. You'll see."

I probably shouldn't say this because it's classified information, but knowing Mello wanted to catch Kira, I needed to.

"Listen Mello, Kira kills people by knowing the person's name and face."

"I knew that already, and what's your point?" He cuts in. Just listen to me for once, dammit.

"You probably already know that there were two Kiras on the loose years ago. And the second Kira needed a face only to kill." I added, "So please, if you're going to catch him, wear a mask or something that will hide your identity if possible."

I will try to give him informations as I can. I don't want him to end up like L.

"Heh, you're pretty useful." He smirked, stepping in closer to me.

"...." I looked away.

He held my chin up, making me directly look at him in the eyes. I blushed uncontrollably, this is TOO close. God, please help me.

"I guess I'll keep you here in my place for the time being." Then his face went closer and whispered something in my ear, "You'll be my slave."

S-Slave? What the hell is he talking about? I'm having weird imaginations now, because of that slave word.

The place filled with tensity in the air, my heart is pounding like nuts. I want to clear my head. Luckily enough, my cellphone rang.

I pushed away Mello and stepped away from him, then I proceeded to answer the device.

"H-Hello?" I greeted.

"This is Near. Have you found Mello?"

I glanced at Mello and at my surprise, he was already glaring back at me. Yes, glaring. He seemed agitated, must be because he already knows that Near was the one who contacted me just now.

I turned my focus back at my phone, "Yes I already have. I think I might stay here to keep an eye on him."

"If that's the case then, alright."

I didn't want to go back at the SPK anyway. I don't want to be in contact with the second L, something tells me that he's not trustworthy to be solving this Kira case.

I turned off my phone and folded it. I don't want to receive any more calls as of now.