XII

"I came for the Death Note. I know you have it."

Wait a minute.

Why would she want the Death Note? I thought that thing's classified and only Near and Mello know about that? Was it leaked?

"And why would you want that?" Mello asked.

Cassandra just raised her shoulders, acting like there's no harm in giving her the Death Note. Mello just glared at her.

Seriously, this is no time for jokes.

It's all fun and games for this redhead. Is it possible that she could be a spy working for the second L?

Ever since L died, it hasn't been the same over the years. He almost caught Kira for fuck's sake! I couldn't accept the fact that he died just like that. He could've solved more mysteries, he could've helped more people. Well, in a way.

Then, a second L took over. I heard he was L's friend that helped during the Kira case in the past. That person teamed up with Near so that they could find the Death Note and catch Kira. If I have to be honest, I really don't trust the second L.

When I was still working with Near, I don't feel any good vibes coming from the second L.

I feel uneasy. It doesn't feel quite right, I also have to get the bottom of this mystery myself. It might help both Near and Mello.

I butted into their conversation, "Informations about the Death Note are highly classified. Miss Cassandra, how did you know about the notebook?" It can't be just searched on the Internet. If the whole world knew about this, they will start to acknowledge Kira as their savior.

"...." And she was speechless. Gotcha bitch.

"(Y/N) has a point. Why else would you want the Death Note? You might be working for Kira and I really don't trust anyone, even you Cassandra."  Ooh, so he's on my side? I couldn't help to smirk because of that.

Of course, I need to play it cool.

Cassandra raised both of her arms as a sign of surrender and chuckled, "Oh you got me."

Is she serious? Is she really working for Kira? If she is, why is she surrending? Could this be a trap?

!!!

Gunshots. Outside.

Damn it! We're being ambushed!

Cassandra laughed and threw a smokebomb and as the smoke spread, I heard her footsteps going further away. She's escaping!

I was about to go after her when somebody pulled my arm. I suddenly felt something pressed against my chest.

The Death Note.

"(Y/N)," Mello looked at me in the eyes, somehow a bit worried, "Get the fuck out of here. Take the notebook with you." But he still had that bossy tone, why the hell am I in love with you again?

"What about you?" I asked, I couldn't just leave him here.

I heard Mello clicked his tongue, "I can fucking take care of myself! Just get the hell outta here!"

I hesitated for a moment there. He had that huge scar on his face, how the hell can he take care of himself in the first place?

Should I leave?