Chapter 8 - Falling

No Class Today - Freetime - Saturday - 13 Hours Until Curfew

May 17

Lanny's POV

Aria hasn't spoken to me since the sleepover. She's pretty upset about what happened. I should've known, Aria can't stand scare pranks...well...not when they're that elaborate. The occasional, jump out as she walks through the door is okay, but she doesn't handle extensive fear very well. She never has. Therefore, I'm going to take today to make it up to her.

Everyone else is already somewhere. Bruce is in a huge detention for leading such a prank, Blaze, Elisia, Sachiko, and Jasper are in the field. Zephira is probably out watching them. Noelle and Vane are in the library, Lucas is in his room, Avon and Marigold went to town to go shopping. Aria is in her room too, she was playing the violin, and she was really good at it. (She can legitimately play ore instruments than I can name). She was playing Sebonzakura, but on violin, and it sounded really good. I would have stayed to listen,but she locked her door, which she only does when she's angry, by the way.

(Yes, that is Lindsey Stirling, fight me. Anywho, that's what Aria was playing. I actually can sing this song...despite it's Japanese lyrics...)

As I walked out of my room, Aria did too. She didn't even look at me, but she had her purse with her so I knew she was going into town.

"Aria!" I chased after her, and sped up her walking, "Aria, wait!"

"Why should I?"

"Aria! Wait! Can I come with you?"

"You spent all your points, remember? And I sure ain't buying you anything!"

"I don't need to buy things, I just want to talk!"

"Well I don't." Aria started her way down our first flight of stairs.

"Aria, please don't be mad, it was just a prank."

She spun around to face me, only two stair-steps between us. I stood on the top floor, "Just a prank?! Lanny, I was scared out of my mind!! Do you know what I would've done had Jasper not blocked us in? I would've found the nearest gun and shot my own heart!"

I remained silent. It was true. Aria had told me that before. Last time this happened, back at our home in Kanalis...

"Next time you should think about consequences, and who you might hurt, before you go along with any of Bruce's stupid plans." She turned back around to leave, but twisted her ankle in the process and fell forward.

Aria's POV

The bottom of the stairs came flying towards me, or rather, the other way around. I closed my eyes, preparing for impact, but I came to an abrupt stop before impact happened. I opened my eyes. I had one foot on the step, and one hand within the hand of my friend, who stood at the top, with a concerned look on his face.

Lanny's POV

I pulled her back up, so she wasn't hanging above the stairs.

"Are you okay?" I asked, but she didn't respond. She didn't even blink. She had tears in her eyes, but she said nothing. Had I not been able to see her breathing, I would've panicked, thinking she was dead. This had also happened before, when we had just gotten to the school, we were the only ones here. She had frozen up like this, back then even.

Sighing, I pulled her into my embrace. She had given me a real scare, falling like that. How dare she. (Honestly, I deserved that small scare.) I felt her muscles relax a little and I let go, "Are you okay?" I asked again, and she nodded.

"I think so...my foot hurts a little...but I'm fine...thanks."

"Good, I'm glad. But Aria, can you come with me to the infirmary anyway, please? Just to check that everything's okay."

She nodded, "O-okay..."

Apologies for the short chapter, but you got longer chapters in the last two chapters, so you can deal. It's late, and I have homework, and I'm exhausted. The #arianny will continue later on ;).