Chapter 26 - Master Sachiko

After Class - Tuesday- Entrance of Garland Mansion
Time: 4:44pm

June 3

Sachiko's POV

"Who is this?" Bruce asked, staring at the pale, white haired girl beside me.

"She's one of my spirits. Her name's Jenna; she's a ghost," I responded, focusing on the task at hand. We stood outside the Garland mansion, preparing to scale the wall in order to get inside.

"What! Really!?" Bruce stuck his hand through her body.

"Please do not touch my body without my master's permission," Jenna commanded, in the most robotic voice I've ever heard..

"Woah! This is so cool! She really is a ghost!" Bruce stuck his hand through her chest, not hearing what she said, or rather, not bothering to comply with her request.

Jenna whipped her hand out, and in the blink of an eye, struck him in the neck, efficiently knocking him out. Bruce hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Earthquake!" Blaze screamed with fake terror before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

"Shush, Blaze! You're going to get us all killed!" Aria looked around to make sure we hadn't been spotted, then turned back to Blaze, glaring.

"Sorry. I just couldn't pass up the chance," Blaze said, clamping a hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"Jenna. You shouldn't have done that. How are we going to carry Bruce up this wall?" I lightly scolded her. In all honesty, I didn't care whatsoever about what Jenna had done; Bruce was asking for it after all, however I felt it was my obligation to discipline my spirits when they did something they weren't supposed to.

I looked up at the mansion. It was only a few stories high, but it covered a large bit of area on the ground. I had heard rumours that there were dungeons deep underground too, though I had no proof that it was true.

I had summoned Jenna ahead of time, not wanting to get caught with my powers. In such a powerful witch's home, getting caught with mage's power was a surefire way of getting us all killed. I'd been helping Marigold tie up a bunch of vines together for the past five minutes, so Aria could take one end, fly up to a window twenty feet above the ground and tie it so we could all climb inside.

"I apologize master. Is there anything I can do to fix it?" Jenna asked.

"No," I sighed, "Lanny will just heal him."

"Or we could just leave him here and get rid of the dead weight?" Blaze suggested. Lanny gave her a solid stare, effectively shutting her up, and got to work on Bruce's head.

I finished tieing the last knot when I realized I accidentally tied up my hair along with it. "Shit," I mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked.

"I tied my hair with the freaking vine. How did I not notice that?" I tried loosening the knot but it was no use.

"Here let me try," Alex reached out to help.

"No it's fine, we don't have time for this," I pulled out the knife out of my pocket that Blaze gave to each one of us to use as protection. Don't ask why she has ten knives handy. With one full swing, I chopped more than half of my hair off. It fell to my feet leaving only what was up to my shoulders.