At The End Of The World ~ Chapter 5

Chapter 5

What am I going to do? I am weaponless and if I go upstairs they'll just shoot me.

I noticed one of the Dracs walking over to my sister. I quickly kneed him in the balls and grabbed his gun. I shot the prick in the head and started fighting, I am protecting my family.

The last Drac fell to the floor and I felt arms wrap around me. I turned around and it was Poison.

"That was fucking amazing, Electric! How did you learn to shoot like that?" He smiled brightly at me. I just giggled and I felt my cheeks go bright red

"Just by protecting my siblings. I love them so much and have to look after them." I smiled. Poison just smirked. What is it with these guys and smirking?! Sure I do as well but...ah whatever!

"Sorry to interrupt this moment but there are some more figures in the distance." Kobra Kid interrupted. I quickly looked to the window. Crap there were. I got my ray gun ready. Frank was by my side already along with my brother and sister. I lead and the others followed me out the door. Poison, Jet and Kobra guarded the house in case it was a trap.

I carefully stepped out the door and hid behind the wall or ruins. I'm just going to call it a wall, k? Good.

"You guys wait here. I'll test if they're dangerous." I whispered to the others.

"But you could get killed!" Toxic whispered at me

"You heard Poison, I'm a good fighter." I winked

"You don't think very highly of yourself, do you?" Frank smirked. I just rolled my eyes as Line Detonation chuckled at his joke. He's such a fan girl.

I got up slowly and crawled out. The figures in the distance were still walking closer. They have colourful clothes, I think they are KillJoys but I'm not too sure.

I quickly looked back to the wall. I could just about see Frank, Adam and Imogen's heads popping out. Thank goodness.

"HEY!" someone yelled. I looked back to the distance. The figures were now running towards me. Oh shit. Erm, what do I do? Crap crap crap- oh they're Killjoys. Never mind.

"You a Killjoy?" the male of the two asked. He had dark brown hair which just about reached his eyebrows. His eyes were a deep grey. The jacket he wore was a light blue and was made out of that material you get from raincoats. His shirt was navy blue and was wearing blue jeans.

"Yeah, you?" I asked and they nodded. The girl was slightly shorter than me. She looked familiar. Unfortunately she had a mask on so I couldn't see her face very well even though it only covered her eyes and forehead. Her jacket was a really dark blue with a light blue shirt underneath. She also wore blue jeans.

"I know you from somewhere." I said to her. She tilted her head slightly. I took of my mask and she gasped.

"Holy shit..." she whispered.

"What?" I asked. She took off her mask "Holy SHIT! Shola!" I yelled. My childhood friend! We first met when we were 11. Unfortunately, Dracs separated us when we were 22. She's a good fighter as well and I heard she got out alive.

"My name's Lighting Scar now, Megan." she said, smiling. I giggled "What?"

"Only YOU could mix Killjoy name with Harry Potter." I replied and she winked. "So, who's your friend?"

"I'm Adrenaline Revolver." he nodded at me and shook my hand. They explained how they met and Lightning hugged my brother and sister who she'd missed and introduced herself to Frank.

This whole time I was looking at Adrenaline Revolver. He was staring at Lightning with this look in his eyes. Just staring...

OH MY SMOSH! (Never mind about that) HE LIKES HER!

I started giggling to myself and Adrenaline raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled and beckoned him over and he followed me to the left.

"I know your secret, Revolver." I whispered

"What?" he looked puzzled

"About Lightning. You like her." I said extending the "i" and "er" to piss him off a little.

Adrenaline went scarlet red "N-no I don't!" he stuttered.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." I winked and he sighed. "As long as you ask her out." then he looked at me with wide eyes.

"I can't do that." he protested "She won't like me in that way!"

"You're right. I mean look at you, she's way out of your league." I sighed back

"No I'm not! I see how she looks at me and texted me before this! I'm sure she likes me and-" then he realised "You just did all that to get me to admit it. In other words, you tricked me, didn't you?" I smirked at this.

"Tricked is such a strong word, how about cleverly pointed you in the right direction?"

"So, tricked."

"Yep."

Adrenaline laughed and I smiled as we rejoined the group, after he promised to confess to Lightning about his feelings.

Go Megan! Go Megan! Go Megan!