At The End Of The Word ~ Chapter 11

We were sitting down my a camp fire. It was our only source of light because it's night time now.

Something about the dark entices me. It seems peaceful and relaxing. Knowing that anything you hate could just be miles away. For now, just you, your friends, and the dark.

"When are we going to start moving again?" I question impatiently.

"Morning." Poison answered

"But they still have Toxic. I need to save my sister..."

"Electric, we've been running all day, barely stopping. We need to sleep." Kobra spoke up.

"But my sister-!"

"Will be fine! They won't kill her. They'll probably question her or something first." Poison tried reassuring me.

"But that means they could torture her! Or turn her in to one of the Dracs! I can't let that happen." I yelled but Poison just shook his head. This is when I remembered Kobra and Poison are brothers. "So, Poison, what if they had Kobra? This is just some 18 year old girl you know slightly. What if it was YOUR sibling they had kidnapped."

I knew I'd struck a nerve there because the expression on Poison's face changed. He took a breath "I would do what was better for me team..."

I chuckled "Fucking liar..." was my response. I got up and began walking away from the fire.

"Electric wait!" Detonation yelled. He grabbed my shoulder and span me around. I glared at him. "That was a bit of an overreaction, y'know. Kobra and Poison are right. We'll suffer from exhaustion if we carry on this way! We need to take breaks."

"Yes but Toxic needs our help! I mean, she's my sister!"

"Yeah, well she's MY SISTER TOO!" he shouted at me. I was shocked. "Or did you just forget that?" his words were spat at me.

"I-"

"Let's go back to the fire. You're being childish."

I just nodded. I stayed standing when I reached the group again.

"Can I just have a sleeping bag...please." I mumbled. Jet got up and grabbed one from the car. He came over and gave it to me.

Jet smiled slightly at me and I returned it with a small smile. The smile was fake. Inside I was hurting. He could tell and he gave me a quick hug before returning to the group.

I walked away a little and put down my sleeping bag, climbing into it. I was out of ear shot. Great.

I found the small, sharp, metal object I carried around in case I needed to kill any Dracs close up.

Slowly, I took it to my wrist...

-----.-----.-----.-----.-----

Someone was nudging me awake. I opened my eyes to see Jet standing over me.

"Where are the others?" I croaked.

"Gone to get food from places." Jet said. I giggled because he obviously hadn't been listening when they told him.

I unzipped my sleeping bag and stood up. It may seem gross to sleep in your clothes, but when you have nothing else it's all you can do.

I noticed Jet was staring down at something with a shocked expression on his face. I got confused and looked to what he was staring at. I realised my jacket had come up again, revealing the cut on my wrist.

I quickly pulled the sleeve down. It was only a small cut, barely to halfway across my wrist. I got to scared people would notice or hear me crying.

"What was that?" Jet muttered.

"Nothing..." I whispered. I knew Jet was smart though. He wouldn't just believe that. He knew what it was.

"Why did you do it?" he asked.

"...I was tired of fighting. I'd seemed like a bitch to the people I love. My brother thinks I'm self centred and my sister could be dead or in pain..." I trailed off before anyone would see me cry.

Jet just wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. When he let go he smiled at me.

"You don't need to worry, trust me."

I nodded and we heard the car coming back. They all jumped out but there was only one I cared about right now.

I spotted my brother and ran to him. I hugged him tighter than ever before.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to seem so self centred. I didn't know. I just got so worried-" I was babbling faster than I could of imagined.

Detonation just hugged me again as if to say 'Shut up, it's fine.'

I pulled away but something caught my eye...

Lightning and Adrenaline were kissing!