At The End Of The Worl ~ Chapter 13

The sun began to go down on the horizon, washing the sky with a beautiful mix of pink and orange. I love sunsets, they are so beautiful. It reminds you how the world, sometimes isn't so bad. We just need to try and keep it that way; beautiful.

We decided to take a rest. Adrenaline and Lightning went off into their own little space and my siblings were looking over a map, planning something. I wondered where the others were. By the others I meant Party Poison, Jet Star, Kobra Kid and Fun Ghoul. I wondered if they were worried about us, if they feared we were dead. Or maybe they knew we'd get out, maybe they'd helped without us even knowing. Whatever happened, I pray they're still alive. Look at that, I'm an Atheist and I'm praying. That doesn't even make sense, but when you fear for loved ones you can do crazy things.

I was getting sleepy so I layed down. We had no supplies except for the clothes we had on, our guns and some water. Barely any water, I'm sure we'll find something. Actually, that's a lie. I'm not sure of anything anymore. Too much has happened.

It was hard sleeping in the desert. Obviously. What else can I do though? We can search again for the others in the morning. I will find them, nothing can stop me. Not even the end of the world.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-3 Months Later_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We had been searching for a while now, finding places where we could steal food and drink. If we were lucky, even shelter from the sun. No luck at all though. I recognised where we are now though. I looked around and saw a dusty old diner, there were tracks and skid marks in the sand; as if the people in the car had been driving off quickly. I walked closer to the diner, the rest of my group still with me. I opened the door to see a familar site.

Old dog food cans from BL/Ind had littered across the floor as if carelessly thrown after the meat had been consumed. I guess that's as good as meals will get nowadays. It's kind of sad, but we have to make do.

I looked around more. Why do I recognise this place? Then I realised: this is the place I first met the Fabulous Killjoys. Maybe they had come back. This could be a hideout of theirs or something.

I searched but no other living creatures were around. Not even bugs, which was strange. I was extremely dissapointed that we didn't find the other Killjoys, but I couldn't let that bother me. I remembered something.

"Crap!" I hissed out

"What?" Lightning asked, looking at me as if to say I was crazy.

"All this time, all this bloody time, I forgot a way I could of found the others." The others looked as clueless as I had been the past couple of months. "I could of just contacted Dr Death on my radio!" The others made a sound of realisation as I tried to find a signal. Finally, I got something.

"Dr. D here, who is this?" his familiar voice answered.

"Dr. Death, Electric Angel here." I responded, realising how I didn't really like my Killjoy name that much anymore, but it doesn't matter here. "I need to ask you a favour."

"What's the problem?"

"Well, a couple of months ago, my sister was kidnapped. I went to Battery City to find her with the rest of a little group I was apart of. It included the Fabulous Killjoys. The problem is, I got kept behind with my siblings and friends, but the Fabulous Killjoys were set free. I've looked everywhere I can for them but no luck. Do you happen to know where they are?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." I breathed a sigh of relief. "But it isn't gonna be easy for you to get to them."

"Where are they? We need to find them." I replied, readying myself.

"I gave them a friend of mine to look after, called Grace. She's 10 years old. Better Living Industries want her and they took her to the main headquaters. The Fabulous Killjoys went to find her, so I assume they're on their way now . Or maybe they've already made it. Either way, to find them you need to be quick."

"Thank you Dr. D. Killjoy off."

"Over and out"

I switched off my radio and looked at the others, who had heard the whole conversation.

"Well, don't just stare at me. You heard the man." I said. "We need to be quick.*