At The End Of The World ~ Chapter 9

I looked around for a mode of transport. Kobra Kid went off a little while ago. I asked him why and he just said it was a surprise. Strange...

"Guys, how are we actually going to get to Battery City?" I finally asked. I knew it was about 10 miles away and the number of Dracs would keep on increasing as we got closer.

Poison, Frank and Jet just looked at each other and kept silent. Detonation and Toxic looked confused and Adrenaline Revolver was talking to Lightning.

Oh yeah! That reminds me! Wasn't he supposed to be asking her out? Probably.

"Adrenaline!" I whisper shouted at him and beckoned for him to follower. I walked off a bit with him so that we were out of earshot of the others.

"So, you asked her out yet?" I asked suspiciously. He looked at the ground "Hey! You promised!"

"I know!" Adrenaline looked up at me "I just can't! You've had crushes before, right?" My heart rate sped up as I remembered him.

Leon. Leon Gradge. I felt tears begin to prick in my eyes.

It sounds like I'm describing a simple teenage girl heartbreak, but no. You have NO idea.

"Electric?" Adrenaline whispered at me, worriedly.

I looked up and felt a tear escape from my eye and run down my face. "What happened?"

"You want me to tell you about Leon?" Adrenaline nodded. "okay..."

•••••••••••••FLASHBACK••••••••••••••

It was a warm, August evening. I finished my first year at university last month.

The work was a lot harder than I imagined but, hey, I'll get used to it.

I was twenty so I could handle a little extra. It's only acting and performing.

I was walking down the path towards the local shops. I heard quick footsteps running up behind me.

Before I could turn around to see what was going on a pair of arms grabbed me. A deep growl of a voice spoke into my ear.

"You been taking your pills, little girl?" Oh God, he must be working for that new company Better Living Industries or something.

Slowly, I made the stupid decision of shaking my head. Why did I do that?!

I felt them press a gun to my neck "Sweet dreams." I could hear the smirk in the soldier's voice. I closed my eyes, breathed deeply and waited to die.

The shot never came. Instead, the soldier yelled and was pulled quickly away from me.

I turned around to see him being tackled to the ground by a man about my age with black hair.

The stranger grabbed the gun and shot the soldier in the head. Woah.

The boy stood up and faced me.

"You okay?" he was panting and staring into my eyes as I felt butterflies.

"Y-yes. Thanks." I stuttered and the man smirked.

"What's your name?" he asked

"Uh. Leanne Adriam." I lied.

"Cool. Nice name." great! He bought it! "I'm Leon. Leon Gradge."

His body was quite close to mine and my breathing became unsteady. He chuckled.

"I make you nervous?" he smirked some more.

I got all my confidence back "No. Now I'm gonna go." I turned on my heels and began walking.

"Don't think about me too much!" he called after me