Bonus Chapter

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

"Nathan, has your father called you recently?" I said. I saw him visibly flinch in his seat. I hated that even the mere mention of his father put him in panic mode.

"No, Mr. B. The last time he called was to tell me that he won't be home for the next three months. Says he's enjoying his work." He snorted.

"I received an email this morning from the company he works for. It said that, indeed, he was in good shape. And that he balances work and social life well," I said. I looked at him and he turned to face me, a frown on his face. He sighed, looking almost defeated.

"Well, as long as he's not getting himself in trouble, we're okay right, Mr. B?" Nathan agreed. He gave me a small smile telling me that he'd be okay.

Before I managed to assure Nathan that we'd be alright, I saw Sean look around with those mischievous eyes that I'd become so familiar with over the years. He saw me look at him sternly and he just smirked.

I released a sigh and sat back, waiting for the plane to close its doors and take off. Silas and North were in front of our seats and are talking animatedly. I heard a few Greek words from Silas and made a mental note to ask him what he was telling North. I didn't mind them talking amongst themselves, but Silas only swore in Greek when he was serious about something.

I smoothed my tie and heard laughter from some of my brothers. At least they were able to put Victor at ease.

Thinking about our next job, I tried to come up with a suitable arrangement for Victor's schedule, especially now that they'd all be attending Ashley Waters High School regularly. For a second, I lost myself in my thoughts. It was eerily quiet. Then I saw a girl walked down the aisle with two suitcases in hand and a backpack across her shoulders. She went over and placed the bags down beside the seat across from Gabriel and Luke. I looked across and wondered. I had never seen Gabriel so focused like that, not even when he painted. Luke, on the other hand, had a grin plastered across his face.

A male flight attendant was all over her, smiling widely as he tried to help her find space for her bags. Full. Yes, that one too. And the other one. Sighing, I went over and tried to be of help, so that the poor girl could get settled.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. "Excuse me. If I may make a suggestion, you can place your luggage in this compartment." I pointed to Gabriel's overhead compartment. I told her that I'd move our bags to the next compartment so that she could have the whole compartment for her bags. It was more convenient for us all, anyway.

She turned to face me and I saw green eyes. Haunting. They had so much depth, so much to tell. Just like hers. I immediately suppressed my memories of the past and steeled myself.

"Hello, beautiful," I heard someone whisper. Must be one of my brothers. Surprisingly, I saw her look their way. Didn't think she'd hear that. Remarkable. However, we didn't have time for this. I asked her again if she'd take my suggestion and she did.

I saw Nathan and Luke offer their services to the girl and left them, as I went back to my seat. Well, at least she wouldn't have to face the relentless flirtations of Sean Green.

Apparently, I was wrong. Also, I wasn't the only one watching this. Gabriel started spitting out curses like there was no tomorrow. The two boys in front of me - Silas and North - had their necks craned, trying to get a good look at what was about to unfold. Victor was no different - I saw him leaning to his left and trying to take a peek. I heard Kota whispering, most likely trying to get Luke to report to him.

I could hear giggling and chuckling coming from the rows in front, and I groaned. You'd think it was the first time in a long time that they had seen a member of the opposite sex. I heard Nathan snort. "Gabe sure regrets the Doc's offer now."

I was about to send a group message, telling everyone to settle down, when a female flight attendant beat me to it, obviously directing her message to Luke and Gabriel, who needed to settle down before take off.

A couple passed by, looked around and approached Sean's small group. From what I heard, I had to assume that they were her parents. Foster parents, at that. Sean suddenly stood up and I thought he'd exchanged seats with the woman, but I heard him introduce himself. Loud and clear, I heard him use his title, which he rarely did. What are you up to now, Sean? I wondered.