Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 21

A/N:
Aaaand we're back! Again. I'm sorry it took me this long to update this. Won't make you read more excuses... I just want you to know that I'm not giving up on any of my stories. And that I'm thankful for all the support and demand for wanting more. I love you guys! Thank you for waiting. Please enjoy!

***

Victor's POV

For the nth time this morning, I found myself mindlessly tapping on the smooth surface of the opened laptop in front of me.

Kota and I had been stuck inside Sean's condo for the past five hours, getting the reports on our latest Academy mission compiled and re-checked.

While giving a final review to the long list of electronic transactions between a mysterious supplier of psychoactive drugs and a local psychiatrist, my eyes couldn't help but sneak in a few glances at my phone on the table. No incoming messages is a good thing, right?

Sighing softly, I saved my work, then looked up when I heard the sound of a car pulling into the driveway.

"It's just North and Silas dropping off some documents for Dr. Green," Kota said, looking up from his own work. "Are you done with the list?"

As I turned back to face him, I caught him eyeing my phone on the table before he lifted his gaze back at me.

"I am." I confirmed, letting a small grumble escape from my lips. It hadn't been intentional, but Sang's situation had had me on edge since last night. Not to mention, Kota hadn't been sharing Luke's text messages with me, since he didn't want me 'distracted' from our work. "It can wait. They're just taking it easy this morning," he had mentioned earlier.

Just as I had the flash drive disconnected from the USB port to pass over to him, my phone lit up. It notified me of a text message from Gabe.

Quickly, I grabbed my phone from the table and opened the message, seeing an image of Sang smiling awkwardly. Her hair was cut to shoulder length, with bangs perfectly framing her pretty face - it was just the right length to show off those beautiful green eyes.

Another text came in. "Trouble says hi; wanted to know if you remember her with short hair before."

Right. Princess did have short hair before as well.

I was trying hard to keep myself from grinning too much, as the memory brought me back to that store. I could remember well how the blonde little girl in her pink skirt was softly clapping, right after I played Winter a few years back.

I typed, "I'll text her," then hit send.

"Hey, what's that? And what's with the creepy smile, Vic?" I jumped a little from my seat upon hearing Silas's question. He dropped a messenger bag on the couch in the living room as he made his way towards us.

Silas looked at me with a knowing grin on his face, one which I didn't want to entertain at the moment.

"Nothing," I deadpanned, slightly irked at his cheerful tone. I know where he wants this conversation to go.

Before the others took note of my dismissive attitude and begin to ask questions, I slid the flash drive across the table to Kota and closed the lid of the laptop. Clearing my throat, I set the laptop aside and decided to flee to somewhere else in the condo. I was wrong in thinking that I could escape that easily.

With not-so-fast reflexes, Silas reached out an arm, targeting my phone, and used his other arm to pin me down on my chair. While Silas thought that prying the phone out of my hand was a great idea, all I cared about was to save myself from tipping backwards as I blocked his unrelenting passion for finding out what I was looking at. I groaned in annoyance when suddenly an unsuspecting North wrestled the phone out of my hand and made his way around the table, standing beside Kota.