HauntinglyBeautiful Ch. 14

A/N: *waves*

Thanks for waiting for this one 🤗 Let's hope you don't have to wait for so long for the last part of their First Day of school. Happy reading! Thank you for all the comments and the lovely ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! 😘😘😘 I hope you don't mind the word count. It is a bit shorter than usual but consider the First Day as a threeshot so haha!
Thank you a_force_of_nature! 😍 I hope I'd be able to keep this momentum. Okay lalalala lala~ Here you go.

-----

First Day of School - Part two of three

Luke's POV

"...a 500-word paper on this. Get as creative as you can. Okay, class? The more mysterious it is, the more points you'll get. You may start planning now. I will be back," Ms. Johnson, our English teacher, instructed, before she exited the classroom.

Hmmm.. A creative piece. Let's see. What should I write about? Food. Definitely food. Should I go with desserts? A snack, maybe? I should pick something with different textures. Something soft? A crunchy one sounds good too. Or... It could be both. Ooh! I know! It'd be a bit confusing when I describe its contrasting textures in a single bite. It could be the perfect, mystery item. The one and only. Chocolate chip pancakes. The smell, the taste, the burst of chocolatey goodness in every single bite... Yum. That sounds about right. I should ask Sang later if I can hang out at her house this weekend. Maybe she likes chocolate chip pancakes too. I should ask her. We can cook breakfast together. It might turn into a food fight though. I'm pretty sure she'll get me back, when I smear some pancake batter on her cheek. But that wouldn't be nice. I should lick it off of her. Chocolate and Sang. Yes. Sounds about right. For sure, I'll see her cheeks blushing again after I do that. And so that she can get even, I'll tell her she can smear some on my face too. Ha! She'll fall for it. Then I'll-

"Trouble, give me those damn clips. We're inside the building and it's not windy in here. No. Put that lip away! It won't work on me," Gabe hissed, while trying to reach for Sang's hair clip.

At first, I wondered why Kota hadn't told Gabe to leave Sang and her hair clips alone. But, when I snuck a peek in his direction, I saw he was already lost in the assignment we'd been given.

Sang was seated to Gabe's right, I was behind her and Kota was in front. Times like this made me wonder why she never questioned some of the things we did. Kota fixing her schedule to fit ours - I'm pretty sure she knew exactly what he was doing; North telling her what to eat - which she fully agreed with; Gabe with her wardrobe choices - which was odd to me, since we'd seen her dress herself perfectly. Friendly? Maybe. A pushover? I wouldn't call her that, since I've heard her voice what she wants from time to time.

I'd like to have dismissed my concerns as something normal for her, since her family had just moved in. Maybe she just wanted to fit in. Then I thought about our group. She was hanging out with our group. A group of boys. Had we forced her into this?

But with yesterday's family meeting, I couldn't help but think that there were things about her that we didn't know of yet. I recalled Mr. B saying something along the lines of, "She has no idea who we are and what the Academy is. Her adoptive parents asked us to not tell her anything concerning the Academy. I believe they have their reasons, so I hope we can respect their request. They are Academy, after all."

With her profile side on to me, I thought of those beautiful green eyes. There was just something about those eyes. Haunted. I let out a long sigh, then shook my head. I must be overthinking things again.