Chapter 8

A/N: Wow, it's been a while since I've last updated. Really sorry about that, I've been pretty busy, but hopefully I'll be posting chapters more quickly now. Thanks for being patient and for posting all your lovely comments! <3

"I don't know who you are or where you came from..." - Leia Organa, Episode IV

Leia stood outside the Millennium Falcon in the hangar uncertainly. After having finally made up her mind to show the Captain that yes, she was perfectly able to have fun if she chose to...she was now second-guessing her prior confidence.

What was she doing? She should probably be using this extra time to plan the next raid, or even sleep. But, no. She was actually considering participating in a frivolous party, hosted by the most aggravating man in the galaxy, while there was a war going on in their midst.

The ramp suddenly sprung out and the door in the ship opened as Chewbacca poked his head out inquiringly. She sighed. Well, there was nothing for it now.

She entered the ship to be greeted with a sudden rush of hot air, sharply contrasted from the chill of the base. Ah, no wonder Han and Chewie had preferred to sleep in here. The atmosphere was almost luxurious in its spaciousness and warmth. She unzipped her white jacket, folding it over an arm and followed the Wookiee inside. They found Han and Luke at the holochess table, although it didn't seem at though they were actually playing. Han had his legs propped up, leaning back lazily as Luke sat forward, speaking eagerly.

As she entered, she realized Luke was animatedly telling Han of his life on the farm with his aunt and uncle...and Han was listening. Not with disinterest, either. He asked questions and nodded and smiled. There was nothing of the arrogant, exasperating man in him now. She leaned back, amused at their brotherly rapport. Han kept surprising her in the oddest of ways.

He caught sight of her at the entrance and grinned, switching quickly to an impudent drawl, "Well, would ya look at that? Her Highness decided to grace us with her presence after all."

Luke got up immediately, thoughtfully pulling up a chair for her. She took it with a smile and then turned back to Han, airily, "I managed to take out some time from my schedule."

"We're honoured," Han quipped, then turned to Luke, "Princess over here thinks she can have fun."

Luke looked back and forth between the two of them tentatively, "Well, she's here now, isn't she?"

Han nodded, "You're right. And to be here, she's gotta pass a rite of passage."

Leia raised an eyebrow, "Rite of passage?"

Luke looked rather shifty, "Han, I don't think..."

Han waved him off, "Her Worshipfullness came here to have fun and so, fun she shall have, isn't that right, Chewie?"

Chewbacca growled in agreement. Leia was starting to have some doubts over this venture. "And what exactly would you have me do?" she queried, tossing her coat to the floor heedlessly.

Han's eyes raked her insolently, from her thick practical pants to her form-fitting shirt. "White, again?" she thought she heard him mutter under his breath, before he reached from under the table, pulling out two dusty bottles of Corellian ale.

"Really?" she eyed them suspiciously, "You want me to get drunk?"

"Not exactly," Luke said almost apologetically, "Although that is the objective of the game."

She sighed, "And what game is this?"

"A getting to know each other game of sorts," Han replied casually, "I ask a question, any question of my choice. And you answer it truthfully. If you choose not to answer it, you drink. It's as simple as that."