o13: Sitting Here Like I Knew I Shouldn't

The girls’ lavatory on the second floor was empty—mainly due to the fact that Moaning Myrtle resided there most of the time—except for three Slytherin girls getting ready for their first trip of the year to Hogsmeade. Cassie was sitting on the sink, with Ayanna standing in front of her, yanking at the girl’s red velvet hair. Ayanna’s head jerked back every time Cassie would pull.

“Are you just pulling my hair for fun?” Ayanna snapped as she turned around to glare at Cassie.

“No, but that’s a good idea,” said Cassie with a smirk and pulled Ayanna’s hair. Melissa shook her head at the two, laughing as Ayanna hit Cassie in the head with the brush she was using to torture her with. Melissa carefully smoothed out her sundress before looking back in the mirror. Cassie and Ayanna had managed to stop arguing and were smirking wildly at Melissa, who’d yet to notice. She turned to face them and took a step back when she saw them staring.

“What?” she asked slowly.

“You look so adorable,” said Ayanna with a wide smile.

“Yeah, for Draco,” Cassie said with a snicker.

“Shut it, Cassandra,” Melissa snapped and the smirk soon faded from Cassie’s face and was rapidly replaced with an icy glare. She smirked, satisfied with wiping the look off of Cassie’s face.

“You seeing Blaise?” Ayanna asked Cassie.

“Only if he can catch her,” Melissa said with a laugh and Cassie shook her head.

“You done with him?” Ayanna asked curiously.

“Of course, it’s been a week, Yani,” Melissa said, still laughing at her own jokes.

“Oh you’re just so full of it today, Missy,” Cassie retorted as she crossed her arms and glared at her friend. There was a depressing sigh and the girls began to look around the deserted bathroom. Melissa walked over to a stall and opened it slowly to see a ghostly apparition for a young pale, acne-ridden, brunette girl. Myrtle looked at Melissa and sneered viciously—and Melissa quickly took a couple steps back.

“Hello Myrtle,” Melissa said, watching the ghost carefully as though she were going to be attacked.

“Nasty Slytherin girls always in my bathroom,” she echoed and hovered into the air.

“Alright, nice talk,” Melissa said and walked back over to her friends.

“I’m in Ravenclaw.” Ayanna chimed in, offended that.

“Can’t you leave,” snapped Myrtle hovering barely an inch over the girls.

“I hate it when she does this.” Melissa said and quickly moved out from under her. Cassie placed her hands on her hips firmly, and glared up at the ghost with venom in her eyes.

“Myrtle go away or,” Cassie started to say.

“Or what? You’ll kill me. Well I’ve already tired and then remembered I’m already dead.” She said in a gloomy tone with another echoing sigh.

“Oh, oh, that’s not right.” Melissa said shaking her head; Ayanna’s eyes were wide watching the sad ghost. “That’s… yes, that’s where I draw the line,” Melissa said and picked up her bag, gathering all her items quickly. “C’mon, let’s go and leave Myrtle to her… whatever it is she does,” said Melissa, shaking her head, and walked out of the bathroom while holding Ayanna’s hand. As the bathroom door shut Cassie started yelling angrily at the ghost girl. There was a high pitched scream and an explosion from the bathroom; the sound of porcelain hitting the walls. Melissa quickly ran back into the bathroom to see multiple toilets overflowing and one completely blown away.