o3o: Arms

There was a brilliant flash of green light and a searing burning sensation running through her body, more painful than it’d ever been before. Melissa sat up quickly, as though she’d been shocked, and threw the blankets off her body. Her flesh was burning red and she feverishly began to hit, trying to put a fire out. As the pain escalated her eyes opened abruptly and she looked around the guest room of the Malfoy Manor. No one was in the room, as always. She got out of the bed, the cool night air hitting her bare legs, and she put on her grey and black striped robe before heading down the stone staircase as quietly as she could. The portraits covering the walls were fast asleep, and she was careful not to wake a single one of them. She walked into a large room filled with books, a couple ornate couches, and a roaring fireplace. She grabbed a book from the cases and sat down on the couch, filling open to a random page in the black leather bound book.

The house was cold and didn’t seem like much of a home. Not a single item within the house was out of place. There was no yelling of what was for dinner and no goodnight hugs. The only family portrait hung in the great room, all three Malfoy’s having a smug look on their faces. It was a far different feel from Melissa’s home.

“You’re up sooner than I expected,” said Draco from the door way and Melissa jumped; turning around quickly and nearly fell over.

“You startled me.” She said making sure her rob was completely shut around her body even though he was shirtless.

“I noticed,” said Draco and sat on the couch. Melissa sat beside him and looked at the fireplace indifferently.

“Is it the nightmare again?” he asked and Melissa nodded her head.

“It’s getting worse.” Melissa said sadly, looking out the window longing to just run away from the nightmare that plagued her. She felt something on her leg and looked down to see a black velvet box resting on her knee.

“What’s that?” she asked and pointed to the box.

“Open it,” said Draco.

“I’m not sure if I want to.” Melissa said and Draco glared at her. She laughed lightly and opened the black box. Inside laid a silver snake with green gems for eyes. Each scale was detailed precisely and the silver fangs in its mouth were as sharp as if they were real.

“It’s beautiful,” said Melissa as she stared at the snake. Draco picked up and set it on her wrist, the silver snake wrapped around her wrist and the eyes glowed brightly. As the silver snake settled on her wrist the eyes faded back to normal.

“What’s this for?” Melissa asked and looked at Draco.

“Your birthday is today.” Draco informed her and Melissa smiled softly.

“I didn’t know you knew,” said Melissa, her cheeks flushing red. “You should probably get back to bed.” She said and looked back up at him.

“I’m alright.” He said and leaned back in the couch, his arm nonchalantly going around her shoulders. She smiled happily and leaned back onto him, staring at the fireplace. The stars outside were sparkling brilliantly and the fireplace crackled lightly. Heat from the fire just warmed the bare skin of the two. They remained silent for a while, Draco looking down at her every now and again.

“What?” Melissa asked and looked up at him. He leaned down and stole a kiss from her, his cold lips lightly caressed her warm lips. Melissa smiled as butterflies erupted in her stomach, blood rushed to her cheeks once more, and her heart began to race hastily. Her small soft hand rested on his chest and he grabbed it, startling her a little and pulled her closer to him. His tongue traced across her lower lip and her mouth opened with a small gasp. He kissed her with more hunger than before, his hand firmly grabbing her bare thigh. She inhaled lightly, feeling his cold hand on her leg. Draco pulled away lightly, their faces almost touching. Melissa smiled lightly at him and he kissed her forehead lightly. His strong arms wrapped around her and they stared at the fire in happy silence, both falling asleep on the couch in utter bliss.