o14: The Most Cunning Witch of Them All

I'm so sorry for those who've been waiting for this.. >___________<

***

Her freshly polished bare feet hit the ground hard, echoing in the hallway. The eyes of Melissa were open sleepily, though she saw nothing in front of her. Her arms swung sluggishly aside her, matching the steps she took. As she brushed the side of her black silk night gown it swayed gently. Chills ran up her legs as her feet touched the cold marble staircases until she reached the seventh floor. She stood in front of a wall, looking up and down it for something though she didn’t know what. There was a slam of a door and Melissa woke up and screamed, not knowing where she was.

“Did you hear that?” someone whispered. Melissa didn’t wait around to see who it was and ran back down to the dungeons—her heart pounding with fear—as the portraits yelled feverishly at her for waking them. She stepped into the common room and took a deep breath, her body shaking slightly. The couch was free and Melissa sat down slowly and put her face into her hands, a headache over powering her mind.

“Bloody hell,” she murmured to herself, holding her head tightly. She lay on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. Once more she fell asleep on the couch of the common room, curled up in a ball in the corner of it. It seemed like only minutes until someone shook her a tad roughly. Melissa moaned and blinked her eyes open to see Draco.

“Is there something wrong with the girls’ dormitories?”

“Pansy is there, for one,” Melissa said and yawned, sitting up slowly. Draco shook his head and left the common room with his gang of followers. Melissa walked into the dormitories and changed into her school uniform.

“There you are,” Cassie said as she slipped on her robes. “Where were you last night?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” Melissa lied quickly, not wanting to alarm Cassie once more and have another unwelcomed meeting with the headmaster. They walked out into the common room to see a rather official looking document on the bulletin board of the common room. Melissa read it quickly and a confused look grew on her face as she read each word.

“Since when is she High Inquisitor?” Melissa asked Cassie.

“Don’t you read the Prophet?”

“No, it’s depressing.” Melissa said shaking her head.

“Penbrooke!” Lucy Niks, a fourth year student, called. “Does this mean Transfiguration club will not be on this year?” she asked downtrodden.

“I’m sure Professor McGonagall won’t let that happen.” Melissa said reassuringly.

“But she hasn’t even announced the first meeting.” Lucy exclaimed.

“I’ll talk to her today, alright.” Melissa said with an unconvincing smile. “Now get to class,” she said with a quick smile and Lucy left, mumbling bitterly about the whole situation. Cassie looked at Melissa, her nostrils flared as though something beneath it smelled horrid.