for my sister

The bond I shared with my sister is unquestionably the most potent form of love I have ever known in my life. She was the first person I would turn to if I needed advice, or protection. The myriad memories that I have of her are my most precious treasure. I am as filled with gratitude for the immeasurable joy they bring me as I am bereft of her tangible presence. Even after years of fervently pursuing my passion for writing, the only true emotional outlet I've had to cope with the tragedies I've bore, I am at a loss to describe the wild intensity of my grief. My mind has once more been called to the impossible task of perfectly expressing my feelings in eulogy of one of the most important people in my life, and my heart and soul have been called forth once more with the fiery desire to be all that I can be so that the world will know that my strength and success are a product of the impact my family has had on me. If I had to choose one credo, one sole purpose to continue living by, it would be to spread the same love and joy that my father and my sister did in their lives. All I can do to make sense of the horrific tragedies I've suffered is to be strong and get through it no matter what, so that I can be a beacon of empathy for all of those who have and who will share the inevitable, indescribable feelings that I am holding back right now. All of those I have lost are with the father and the son, and I am a staunch believer that through our connection with the holy spirit we can come together and surpass even the most trying trials in life. It is with faith in mind and a heavy heart that I invite everyone reading this to share in the human experience with me, so that we can confide in each other and in so doing make our world into a more loving and comfortable reality. I love you Katelynn, with every breath I take and will ever take. No amount of words can help me put my world back together, but it's the only thing I can do now, so please keep listening.