terrible timing

*Unedited*

Andrea's POV

Oh fuck, of course Jacob went out. Why am I even surprised, he's probably out drinking with friends. Sometimes it's like why do I even try? When I try he just tosses me out, literally. I suppose when we get married it will be better.

Ring. Ring. Knock. Knock.

"Jacob, you're back," I scream as I open the door.

"Nope, just Luke."

"Oh my god, really. Fucking terrible timing dude."

"Geez, sorry. I can leave."

"No, you can come in. Guest room is upstairs, first door on your left."

"Thanks, Drey."

"Don't call me that. My name is Andrea."

"Okay."

"Okay."

He walks past me and goes upstairs. I'm honestly so done with everything right now. My fiancé is out somewhere and I'm at home with my ex. Karma is a bitch. But, Luke is my past, and Jacob is my future. So it's time to go watch The Bachelorette and eat rocky road.

~~

It's almost two a.m. and Jacob is not back yet. I'm not worried, no why would I be worried? My fucking fiancé is missing and isn't returning my calls. I'm now finally caught up with Game of Thrones, so I guess that's a plus.

I hear the door open.

"Jacob, where were you?"

"With friends."

"For the entire day?"

"You're not my mom."

"No, but I am your fiancé, and I have a right to know where you've been."

"I thought you were at a hotel."

"So you kick me out and then think it's okay to get shitfaced because I'm not home?"

"Don't yell at me, woman."

"Don't call me woman. You're drunk, so I'm gonna let it slide."

"Well, when you're drunk you say the things you're too afraid to say when you're sober."

"Yeah, and I'm not drunk, but I'm just calling you a douchebag."

"How dare you!"

"How dare I? You're the one who's been out all night getting drunk and high, I can smell the pot and vodka."

He walks up to me and slaps me. "You're my wife! You cannot talk to me like that!"

"GET THE FUCK OUT YOU DRUNK PIECE OF SHIT! I'm giving you 24 hours to go get a fucking hotel and come back sober and apologizing or I'm leaving forever. Never hit me again you asshole."

"You can't make me, bitch."

"Oh, I can." I shove him out the door and slam it in his face.

He hit me. That douchebag actually hit me. I feel it bruising but I don't get ice. I want him to see what he did to me. I go sit on the couch and just curl up into a ball and start sobbing.

"Drey?"

"......."

"Drey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumble.

"Look at me."

"No."

"Drey, look at me."

"Here you go, Luke. You happy now?" I turn towards him.

"Oh my god. Did he do that to you?"

"He was just drunk."

"You're bleeding."

"I'm fine."

"How can you say that? He hit you. That's never okay, no matter how drunk."

"I'm just gonna go to bed, I'll be fine."

"Sit down, Drea."

"Okay."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

He leaves the room and comes back with a first aid kit. He sits down on the couch next to me and takes out a gauze pad. He carefully puts it towards my cheek and starts patting it as to stop the bleeding. I just look into his eyes as we sit together.

"He's actually a nice guy."

"Stop, you don't need to defend him, as least not to me."

I just shut up as he gets out the alcohol pads.

"This might sting, Drey."

He presses it on my cheek and I wince.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"I'm almost done, Drey. I just need to put on some bandages."

"Okay."

He carefully wraps a bandage over my cheek and uses medical tape to make sure it doesn't fall off. He brushes his hand over my cheek and through my hair and says, "Just like new."

"Luke."

"Don't say anything, Drey." He leans in, but I stop him.

"You know I can't."

"Do you love him?"

"Luke."

"It's yes or no, Drey. Do you?"

"Yes."

"Well then, I'm have no use here. Have a good night, Drey."

"Luke, wait."

"What?"

I get up and walk towards him. We stand close to each other, so close so that I can hear and see his chest rise and fall as he breathes. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him. It's one of those hugs where you never ever want to let go. I smell his Old Spice deodorant and just snuggle my head into his shoulder. But this time, it's he who pulls away. I watch him watch upstairs and into the guest room and I just stand there.

"What did you want me to say Luke? You can't expect me to leave my fiancé for you."

He doesn't respond.

~~

Hey fam! How is you? I'm good, thanks for asking.

Yo, you liking the story? Cuz I am.

Don't be a ghost reader, comment, vote, I want to get to know y'all. <3