the hidden engagement

Important author's note at the end of the chapter. Anyways love you guys!

*Unedited*

Luke's POV

I can't believe she said that to me. What a bitch. I don't mean that of course, but as I'm stuffing all my clothes back into my suitcase, I can't feel any more infuriated. I loved her. I love her. Her heart was a secret garden surrounded by high walls, and I found the door. Unfortunately, I left the door open, and Jacob wandered in. And I've been pushing and pushing to fight my way back in, but the door has been closed. I had my chance, and I let it go. And now she's gonna get married. I have to stop fighting a battle that I already lost. Anyways, it's good that Im leaving. I have to go on tour in two months.

~

I finish packing my bags and head downstairs. I don't even stop to look at Andrea as I head towards the front door. I drop one of my suitcases in front of the door, so I can open the door, but someone stumbles in before I have the chance. The area around the door is immediately filled with the putrid smell of alcohol, Old Spice, and vomit. Of course, Jacob walks in the house, drunkenly, singing some incoherent song.

"Luke," he shouts, "how are you dude? You should've come partied with me last night. I got fucked up at this strip club and well I might've gotten some rando pregnant. Oops."

"Uh, well, that's great, not really, but I gotta go, so maybe you should sober up and apologize to your wife."

"Ha, wife. Oh fuck, I have a fiancé, don't I?" Jacob slurs, and genuinely looks confused.

"Yes," I saw slowly.

"Well that's a bummer. Is she hot though?"

"I don't have time for this, Jacob. I'm not gonna sit here and watch the most amazing girl in the world sit around a marry someone who hit her, and then fucked some random girl," I say this without realizing Andrea has come out of the bathroom and was right behind me.

"Luke, I don't need you to stick up for me," Andrea says from behind me.

"Oh, trust me, I wasn't. Have fun getting married to this asshole drunk." I say matter-of-factly.

"Uh, bro, chill. I'm not even drunk," Jacob says as he throws up in the sink.

"Oh yeah, sorry.... Bro." I pick up my suitcase, open the door, walk out,  and slam it behind me. I am done with this bullshit.

~

Andrea's POV

So, Luke just stormed out, and left me with my drunk fiancé. But frankly, I can't be mad at him for that. I was rude to him, and while I'll never be with him again, I do hope he'll come around, and get over it. I never meant to hurt him, it's just complicated. Very complicated. Luke being here is just reminding me of how I felt. And it makes me think, how could I have told Luke the things I did, and have them not mean anything now.

~

More than a Year Ago (Still Andrea's POV after Luke's first visit to LA, but before their short break)

"Lukey, when is your tour gonna be over? I want you to come to LA again," I say over the phone.

"Babe, you know the tour ends in two months, but the LA show is in two weeks. I got you VIP meet and greet tickets," he says like he accomplished winning the lottery.