the morning after

*Unedited*

Andrea's POV

The sun is glaring straight at my face as I wake up on the couch. My back hurts and I'm struggling to remember what happened yesterday. I try to scratch my eye and feel this stinging sensation. I get up, walk to the bathroom, and see a huge cut on my cheek in the mirror.

"Fuck. Fuck!! FUCK!"

I hear scrambling down the stairs and Luke barges into the bathroom.

"Drey? Are you okay?"

"Get the fuck out of my bathroom, Luke."

"Jesus, Andrea. I was just trying to help."

"Oh, like you were trying to help last night? You know I'm engaged right?"

"Yeah, and I wasn't the one throwing themselves at the other. I walked away remember, I left you on the couch last night, when I could have take advantage of your emotions."

"Whatever, Luke."

"You know, I thought staying here would be a bad idea, but I thought maybe you had grown up."

"Fuck you, you never cared about me anyway."

"I never cared about you?! I loved you! I gave you everything, and if you don't remember, you broke my heart. You destroyed me; I was nothing. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and the next time I hear from you, is you inviting me to your wedding. Guess what? I wanted to be the groom, but never mind, cause I never cared you about you anyway right?"

"Lukey, I didn't mean it like that"

"Don't you dare "Lukey" me! I can't wait around for you to choose, because you've clearly already made your choice, and it's not me. You have no idea what it's like for me."

"I tried to fix us. You got drunk and said mean shit to me---"

"I texted you like fifteen minutes later apologizing. You ignored those."

"I never got them. Now you have to wonder what things would've been like if I had gotten those texts."

"It doesn't have to be in the past."

"Pukey Lukey, I loved you. I will always love you, but I'm getting married in a week."

"It is unfair of you to say that to me. You'll always love me, but you're getting married. That makes me feel like shit."

"I'm sorry, Luke. I really am. I can't back away from Jacob now. He's been good to me."

"He's been good to you? What about he loves me, and I love him. I thought I knew you Andrea. I thought you were the kind of girl never to settle, and to truly know what she wants."

"I want Jacob."

"Fine then. I'm sorry for fighting a fight I lost a year ago. I'm sorry for fighting for the girl I've loved since I first said the words 'hi'.  I'm sorry for loving you unconditionally, even when you treated me like shit. I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to you for not getting you back, I'm sorry to me for not moving on like you did, I'm sorry to Jacob for being in love with his fiancé."

"Luke, I can't just leave Jacob for you. I can't believe you're asking me to do that."

"I'm not asking you to do that, I'm asking you to choose the person who you're in love with."

"I'm in love with Jacob. I was in love with you."

"Fine then, you've made your choice. Don't expect me to stick around after the wedding."

"I don't understand why we can't just be friends. Just because I don't love you, doesn't mean I don't care about you."

"We can't be friends because I'm in love with you. I can't sit around being your friend while I watch you go marry and have kids with someone who isn't me. I can't watch you live your life happily while I'm still hung up on you. I can't do that."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I don't want you to stick around anyway, Luke. Go find someone who makes you happy. Or at least find someone where the feeling is mutual."

I watch him walk out of the bathroom, as my eyes start watering up.

"Luke... I.. I.. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." I'm struggling to find my words as I start bawling.

Luke looks back at me, obviously hurt. "Oh, but you did mean it like that, Drey." He walks out the door and out of my life forever.

~~

I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but whatever.

Is you good? Is you okay? Cuz I wanted to know.