the date

* not edited *

Luke's POV

"Yes, Mikey. I have a date."

"Wow, really?" Mikey says sarcastically.

"Ouch, is it that hard to imagine?"

"Yeah, I always thought you'd never give up on Andrea."

"Well, Andrea gave up on me. A long time ago," I say kinda hurt.

"Yeah, I know. It's weird, I wanted y'all to end up together," Mikey says seriously.

"You know what Mikey. So did I."

"Okay, well, Mr. Ladies Man, you better go get ready for your date. Do you even know where y'all are going? And what about paparazzi?"

"Yeah, we're going to this restaurant in Venice. It's called The Rose (actual restaurant) or something. And I don't care about paparazzi."

"Well, Luke, she might."

"Michael, she doesn't even recognize me. She doesn't know who I am."

"Luke, that might be a good thing. It's better she falls in love with you, then with Luke Hemmings."

"But, I am Luke Hemmings."

"Oh, Luke, you know what I mean. Go get dressed."

~ skip to date ~

The restaurant is a cute little place on the beach. It's Italian food (I'm not sure if the actually restaurant is Italian food, but whatevs) , so I hope she likes pasta. I'm wearing a fancy button up and khakis, but my fanciness is completely overshadowed by Addy's natural beauty. She didn't even dress up, and she looks ten times better than me.

"I hope you like Italian food, Addy."

"Anyone who doesn't like Italian food is someone who shouldn't be trusted," Addy says smirking.

"Haha, very true. So tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm 19. I'm going to UCLA, and I want to be a neuroscientist. The hotel is just to pay the bills."

"Wow, what made you choose neuroscience?"

"Well, my mom was a neuroscientist, and so was my dad. There's something about how the brain works that makes me so fascinated. I could talk for a whole day about it, so why don't you tell me about you?" She says smiling.

"Honestly, there's nothing to me. I'm just Luke. I'm a singer in a band with three of my best friends."

"I'm guessing you're pretty popular, that would explain all the paparazzi outside," She says inquisitively.

"I mean, I'm pretty well known. Have you heard the song that goes 🎶 You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear, and I know now--"

"Stop singing so loudly," she says laughing.

"Well have you heard the song?"

"Yeah, you're in that band 5 seconds of summer?"

"Yeah, I'm the lead singer and guitar player."

"Wow, that's so cool. I used to play bass guitar."

"Oh my gosh, I should introduce you to Calum. He could teach you some stuff, if you want," I say with a smirk.

"I'd rather not," she says matter-of-factly.

"Ouch, why is that?"

"Because, I've always been more into guitar playing. I've always wanted to learn," she says with the same exact smirk I gave her.