Chapter 14

Bryce decided to intervene despite her request that he leave the situation alone. It was Wednesday and she had put up with Edgar Rush on both Monday and Tuesday. Now he had her cornered in her office and was in rare form.

"Hello," Bryce greeted Angie as he entered the floor of the offices for the college of Social Sciences. Angie looked up at the sexy English accent, and she was not disappointed by the man that went with it.

"Is Dr. Winston available?" He gave one of his devastating smiles and Angie melted a little. Grace had all the luck, first Cassandra Stevens and now this wonderfully sexy man.

By this time several of the other ladies in the department had turned to see who the man was with the sexy voice was, and they were not disappointed when they saw Bryce either. He looked very sharp having just come from a business meeting, his suit was well-cut and he had his coat hanging over one arm.

Realizing that she had to say something, Angie finally spoke, "Umm, sure." She rose, beckoning for him to follow her. "It's not her normal office hours, but I know that she won't mind."

Bryce passed several ladies, nodding as he went.

When Angie rounded the corner she stopped. "I'm sorry, she appears to be in a meeting with Dr. Rush, but I'll tell-,"

"Its fine, I'll wait here shall I?" He leaned against the wall watching the scene in the office through the window next to the door, a door which was being held open by a chair.

Angie looked unsure but that was quickly forgotten as she heard Rush's raised voice.

Grace and Rush were both unaware that Bryce was standing in the hall watching.

"Dr. Rush, I'm very busy and I have an appointment, so if you'll please excuse me." Grace rose from her chair but was careful to keep the desk between her and Rush, doing her best to keep her voice level.

"Why do you insist on teasing me Grace? You know I'll get what I want in the end." His eyes traveled luridly up her body.

"What exactly is it that you want. Dr. Rush? Perhaps if you were more specific, we could finally resolve this and move on," Grace tried to reason.

"Grace my dear, you know what I want." He moved around the desk and she tried to back away but she wasn't fast enough as he reached for her arm, keeping her from moving any further. He then quickly pulled her towards him and whispered the most atrocious thing in her ear, and Grace was frozen. She was trapped back in the house on Deerwood Street with the oldest son of her foster family trapping her against her will.

"Dr. Winston, is this man bothering you?" Bryce asked coldly from the doorway.

Grace turned her head and her relief at seeing him was evident in her eyes. She swallowed hard, suddenly not afraid anymore. She pulled her arm from his grasp and moved to stand beside Bryce.

"Yes, he is," she said firmly.

"Now Grace, you know we were just flirting a little," Rush insisted, plastering a fake smile on his face while it drained of color and sweat popped out on his forehead. Bryce was emitting a fierceness that was quelling to all who witnessed it. The warrior was back.

His voice was calm enough, but his arms were crossed which made him seem broader and his eyes were hard.

Grace had seen the warrior many times but not as fierce as he currently was, and she was glad that she was not on the receiving end of that terrifying gaze. It was cutting through Rush, making him shake. The silence in the room was deadly.

After a moment Bryce looked down at Grace. "Was that all it was Dr. Winston, just a little flirting?"

"No Bryce, it was sexual harassment." She looked back up meeting his gaze squarely.