Chapter 3

I woke up in a daze as if I was waking up from surgical anesthetic. I felt soreness stretch just below my chest, into my back,and into my upper arms. There were paintings of great landscapes and the wooden paneling reminded me of home. I was lying on what I thought of was a makeshift stretcher. The bedding was a little rough to the touch and the sheet that covered me was thin and offered little warmth.It also didn't seem as mobile as the ones that I have seen back home. There were no wheels.
I looked to my right and through a small window covered by a curtain. There appeared to be  two or three people talking about something, but -most likely caused by the grogginess of my awakening- I couldn't make out what they were saying. I then turned to look at my arms. Bandages laced my arm and worked to conceal wounds I knew -at least from what my memory recalled from the crash-were open.
       I saw some clothes lying across a chair that sat next to a desk. I instantly thought that I had to get out of here-and back home- somehow. I pulled my legs over to the side of the bed and slowly slid to the floor. My legs felt normal as for pain, but were extremely weak as my weight shifted to them. I quickly changed into the clothes. A pine colored shirt and an almond jacket  with a pair of black leggings and boots. The door knob began to turn and I fit myself under the bed.
"I thought you said she was in here," said a female voice,"I can't help someone who doesn't exist."
"No! I know she was here I saw her in here on the bed with my own eyes," a male voice replied in retaliation to the accusation of insanity," She does exist! I wouldn't have brought you here if she wasn't. I have a feeling she is-"
"Enough,Zan!"called the female voice again," I'm not going to waste my time on this fictional girl that you helped."
        I felt empathy for him.I heard the door slam and the creaking of a chair. I crawled out from below the bed and saw a man-who I guessed was the same one who carried me here from the forest. He stood up and looked at me in awe. "How are you standing?"
"I don't know, but I do know that I can,"I replied,"Where am I? Why did you bring me here? What did you do to me?" I just needed to figure where I was so I could find my way home.
"Zan,"called a female voice as the door opened,"Kianne and I are going to-"she stopped and looked at me. Her caramel hair was tied back and her eyes were a crisp amber color. Another girl soon came in and she had bright blonde hair and deep pine colored eyes. They both stared at me for what felt like forever.
"Kianne, Serra this is the girl I was telling you about," interrupted the man.
"I never should have doubted you,Zan," replied the first girl who then started examined at me. She then turned to me,"What's your name?"
"Gwendolyn," I replied.
"That's a very human name," replied the blonde.
"Regardless, that's a beautiful name," replied the caramel haired girl,"I'm Serra and that's Kianne. I'm sure you've met Zan."
"Not officially," I replied with sass which seemed to make everyone smile,"What exactly are you doing?"
"It's remarkable! You heal a lot faster than other humans we've helped," Serra commented,"Are you enchanted by any chance with some kind of healing ward?"
"No!"I exclaimed,"why am I here though I heard Zan say that I might be able to help somehow?"
They all turned around into a huddle and whispered amongst each other then turned to face me.
"Best thing for you now is to heal up and rest," Kianne stated.
"We will also be help you with a place to stay for the time that you are healing," Zan continued ensuring that the bandages were neatly placed.
"Ready to go?"asked Serra cheerfully.
"Where to?"
"All will be explained once you all get there,"Zan replied.
            Just as we were about to leave the hospital, Zan came running up to me with a bag in hand. "This is the dress that I saw you in when I found you in the hospital bed."
           He handed the bag to me and I took it saying,"Thank you,Zan."
            "My full name is Zander," he said with a slight smile,"I'll catch you later,beautiful." He winked at me and turned to head back inside.
            What was that about? I turned back to Serra and Kianne. Each grabbed one arm and soon we were soaring above the town. On our way to whatever they had in store for me. You have to trust them,Gwen, if you want to get home. Get home no matter what it takes.