Chapter 12

I screamed and shot straight up from my rest. I curled the warm sheets around my back. Atlas and the others bursted into the room.
Serra ran to my side,"Are you alright? We heard you scream!" She and Willow frantically check my body to see if I had gotten hurt.
I grabbed one hand from each of them with mine and said shaken,"I'm fine just...a dream."
Atlas looked at me knowing something was being hidden. He asked,"A dream? What kind of dream?"
"Atlas, it was probably a nightmare. And if I know anything about dreams, it's that nightmares do not need to be talked about,"Kianne stated with care lacing her words,"Gwen you don't need to answer."
"It's okay,"I replied calmly,"but I need to tell you about it. The dream was too real not to share."
"Go on," Zan said intrigued.
I relayed ever ounce of the dream in detail and I saw they're faces sink into seriousness. All the while, I was trying not to tear up when it came to the ending.
"Wow," Zeke stated in an ineffable tone," that's intense."
"Excuse me, everyone,but could you all leave Atlas, Gwendolyn, and I alone for a while? This will not take long,"Serra said in a motherly tone.
Everyone slowly exited the room leaving only Serra,Atlas, and I. A weighty silence befell the room.
The silence broke when Sierra began to speak,"You said that the dream felt 'too real', how did it feel that way?"
"It just did," I responded earnestly.
"One moment, Gwen," Atlas interrupted. He turned to Serra and signaled for her to follow. They stood just outside the door,far enough to where I couldn't hear. I wondered what they were talking about as I laid back down. Thought was all I could focus on.
~~~*~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~*~~~
Serra gave Atlas a look which he knew meant explanation. Atlas began,"There is no way she could have known about the plan. She was fast asleep when I left her. I didn't tell her a thing."
Serra replied serenely,"I believe you, but that doesn't explain how she could paint an entire scenario based around our plan which was kept secret from her."
"You think she might be a-"
"We don't need to say it. And maybe. We need to find out who is in her family line. Maybe we can know more then."
"I guess a detour to the human-elemental abandon archives."
"There is no other choice now."