Chapter 6

As I placed an old painting on the cream walls I marveled at the beautiful landscape within the brass frame. Interior decorating was my favorite pass time back home- when I wasn't reading. I had gotten quite good at it too. The painting pulled the entire living room together. The royal blue velvet sofa contrasted with a dark gray rug. The black frame of the sofa had a gold tint caressed the chestnut wood flooring. The hardwood kissed the cream colored walls.Wow!This looks amazing!I haven't rearranged furniture forever.
I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom. The deep ocean blue sheets felt cool as I laid down. I looked over to the grey paint; the white framing hugged the walls and kissed the oak wood floor. I stared up at the blank white ceiling imagining a world of dancing stars an poetry.
"Enjoying the view?"
I leaped up from the soft ocean blue comforter to face the voice and saw Serra leaning on the door frame."Uh... N-no just got lost in thought."
She smiled brightly,"You're very good at decorating. We walked in and thought we were in the wrong place for a second."
"Well, thanks Serra. What do you mean by 'we'?" I asked curiously,"Did Kianne back too?"
"No, but you'll be staying with me and my roommate,"Serra gestured for me to follow her and we headed downstairs.
As we reached the living room, I saw a girl with brown hair admiring the ppopainting I had put up in the living room. She looked to Serra and smiled warmly then at me and her smile faded to a state of subtle surprise. Am awkward silence befell the room.
         "Gwendolyn this Willow. Willow this is Gwendolyn," Serra said breaking the silence.
"It's nice to meet you, Willow." I extended my hand to shake.
She grasped it hesitantly and replied,"Likewise." She seemed to be more relaxed after the handshake. A brief moment of silence proceeded until Willow continued," So you are the one who will be staying with us?"
Serra answered," Yes, she is."
"She doesn't look or act at all like the books say that humans should?"
I was confused when Willow said that. What does she mean that I didn't look like the book description of a human?
"Well you see Gwen it's...complicated," Serra answered. How could she hear my thoughts?
Willow placed her hand on my shoulder and asked," You do realize that you're talking out loud to yourself,right?"
"Oh... Whoops!"
"It's okay. It happens to the best of us. Come on its getting late."
We left the small Victorian and went to a classy apartment complex filled with flowers and even a waterfall. When we got to the apartment which Willow and Serra owned they showed me to this lavishly styled guest room. The chestnut flooring and beige walls reminded me of my home.
"We'll leave you to get settled and go to sleep, goodnight Gwendolyn," Willow said exiting the room.
"Hey,Willow?"
She turned,"Yes?"
" I couldn't help but feel a little unease from you when we first met. I want to say...thank you for letting me stay with you and Serra. It means a lot to me."
She smiled and replied,"I'll admit I was nervous,but I'm sure we will be great friends in due time. And your welcome,Gwen."
She shut the white wooden door and I shut off the lamp on the nightstand beside the and limbed under the thin satin sheets. I, instantly, fell into a deep and comforting slumber upon my plush dream cloud. I can't wait until tomorrow.