Chapter 14

It was about seven weeks after the archive visit. Serra and Willow were helping me practice controlling my developing abilities.
I summoned a gleaming gold studded sword and lunged toward Serra. She blocked me and we sparred, steel clashed with each defensive and offensive swing. Then I felt a premonition fly into my mind. Willow. I summoned a shield. I heard Willow call out to Serra a certain command I didn't understand.
Serra began to press her sword toward me. I tried to return it but felt myself being pushed toward Willow's trap of entangled vines. I won't lose. The stone in my locket began to glow and my sword quickly heated up till it was a fiery red. Serra's sword began to melt into mine. I quickly jerked my body past her using her weight to put her off balance. I threw Serra into Willow's intricate trap.
"You learn quick," Willow said,releasing Serra from her trap.
            "Thanks," I replied catching my breath," Atlas has been showing me a few things."
             "Well, I think it's all really paid off," Atlas interrupted," And we can go see Rina now."
"Really!?" I replied.
"Yes."
My memories of home flooded back to mind. The thought of finally getting home was overwhelming. "Then let's go!"
~~~*~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~*~~~
         We arrived in an immaculate garden as we climbed over the large stone wall. The shimmering fountain surrounded by pale pink Queen Elizabeth roses reminded me of home.
          "Atlas, Serra, everyone. So nice to see you all again," called a female in regal violet robe,"and you must be the girl that Atlas wanted me to examine."
         "Yes,but I just want to go home," I replied.
"What is your name, dear?"
         "Gwendolyn."
         "Well Gwendolyn, where are you from?"
         "She is from the human realm," Serra answered.
         "I see," Rina said," who are your parents?"
"I have my locket with a picture of my original parents," I took it of and handed my locket to Rina.
She opened it and looked at Kianne saying," Kianne, I knew your birth father. He had committed a horrendous crime with his association with human affairs sometime after your birth. He a fled to the human world to be with his 'true' kind,which as far we know was the humans."
             "What does that have to do with my locket?" I asked.
          She looked at me then to Kianne. Then a spark lit up in mind. No. That can't be.
          Rina took Kianne's hand and mine and placed them together, "Kianne, Gwendolyn meet your half sister."
           My brain was in awe. I have a sister?!?! " That definitely explains nothing. But why do I have a such a different form of ability? Why was I raised by a human mother? Why did my mother keep this part of me away?"

Rina guided me to a chair and seated me. She sat across from me and said," Your father came to me before he disappeared. Told me of your birth mother-"
" What do you mean 'told you of my birth mother'?"
Rina told me all she knew about my mother from which she learned from my father. Then she continued,"He asked for two potions; that would suppress your power. Speaking of your powers,"Rina turned back to a bookshelf and took a small book off the shelf," You are unique, Gwendolyn. You are the last of a rare element. The Guardians."
            "I thought that during the war, humans wiped them all out," Zeke questioned.
            "There 'appeared' to be no Guardians left. But, it looks like we were wrong. Gwendolyn, you need to gather certain items to rebuild the Guild of the Guard, sacred pieces that once maintained the balance between the human realm and ours."
"Why me?"
"You are the one that was prophesied by the Guardians ever since their beginning," Rina said opening the book," 'A guardian from another realm shall rise and bring peace and order to all that span this world. The one shall recreate what once was lost to both within our order and across the realms.'"
    "I see you already have The Dragon's Heart. This golden dragon charm on your locket has opened up a portion of your magic. And I have a gift for you. A map. Follow it and you'll find the next piece of Guild."