Chapter 1 - Arriving

~ Day 1 ~
~ Sunday ~

BELLA'S POV:

Los Angeles. America. Already much different from my hometown of London. The temperature is different, the wildlife is different. Even the shops (or shall I say stores) are different. Even just driving down a long L.A road was foreign enough for me.

Driving on the right side of the road was something to get used to. However, it looks like my mum is already getting the hang of it.

I'm sitting in the front passenger seat while my mum is driving and my older brother, Asher is sat in the back.

Asher had most of my mum's genes, the dark blonde hair, the green eyes and the somewhat tanned skin. His height was around 5ft 11 inches. For a 17 year old, he was way too generic. He would surf all day and skate all night if he could, sadly I could do neither.

Me, on the other hand, Bella Dawson, a 16 year old girl. The height of 5ft 5 inches. Normally being a girl, I would be stereotyped as loving the colour pink or being too scared to do certain things because I might break a nail.

Glady, I'm nowhere near whatever type of girl that is. My favourite colour is blue and I love everything adventurous and I live for having an adrenalin rush.

Keeping that in mind, Asher and I are quite similar according to our love of danger, which drives our mum insane by the way.

I had my dad's hair colour of light brown, some strands of blonde were creeping in from my mum though. I also had a darker shade of green eyes compared to my brother. Sometimes having my dad's genes made me feel frustrated as he had died when I was about 7 so I felt guilty to have his features.

He had been hit by a drunk truck driver and had been killed instantly. My mum never wanted to date another man if it wasn't him, which is understandable.

Thanks to her job, they promoted her and we had gotten enough money to go on holiday to L.A for 3 weeks this summer. And now here we are.

"Do they have a beach by the hotel?" Asher mumbled from the back seat.

"I think so, it is called Shoreside Paradise after all." Mum answered as she indicated to turn left.

"Sounds fancy." I smiled, trying to contain my excitement as I looked out of the window to see rows of Palm trees along the side of the road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes or so of driving later, we arrived at the definitely fancy hotel of Shoreside. It's the biggest building I've ever seen so far in my life, even bigger than Buckingham Palace. The Queen would be jealous. Some of the hotel staff took our suitcases up to our room as we signed in at the reception desk.

"This is insane." I gasp as I glance at my own reflection on the polished tiled floor.

"Tell me about it." Asher agreed with me as he tried his best not to scuff up the tiles as he walked.

We got taken up to our room which was on the 10th floor. As soon as we unlocked our room door, a burst of Californian fragrance hit us like a tidal wave.

There were two bedrooms, one with a double bed which I assumed that mum would take, and a smaller room with two single beds which Asher and I would claim.

There was also two onsuite pristine bathrooms, mine and Asher's had a shower in it, and mum's had a bathtub. Before you walked into any of the bedrooms there was a mini kitchen. By the mini kitchen there was a sofa opposite a tv which I guessed would be known as the lounge. However my favourite part was the balcony which was by the lounge, the view was breathtaking.