HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 21

The twins and Boris, who were on my bed, had their guns and axes aimed straight at Ace, and the stupid idiot had his sword pointed right back at them.

It was horrible.

"Twins," I call, though their gazes do not shift at all, "B- Blood," I almost choked on his name, "Will be back by now, won't he?" Who would want to stay in a meeting with him for so long, anyway? "Don't you think he'll be wondering where his guards are?"

 "Yeah, shouldn't you be getting back now?" Ace's smile doesn't change in the slightest. The twins growl, "Whatever."

"Ace," Julius appears and stands next to him, "Didn't I tell you not to enter his room without asking for permission?"

"But Juliu~s! We don't smuggle people in Wonderland."

I snort, "This isn't smuggling. It's a party that you're not invited to."

Boris smirks and taps my leg under the blanket, "Is that so?" he whispers. I sigh and flick him, thankful that both the twins, Ace, and Julius were too distracted to hear his remark. World War Three might breakout and he's making perverted comments.

Really, what an idiot.

The twins, eventually, do decide to leave. Whilst Julius spoke to Ace and had him distracted, Dum quickly kisses me on the cheek and Dee winks before they both sneakily jump out of the window. Ace turns his head back and blinks.

"Eh?" He shifts his sword near Boris, "I've been tricked."

Boris gulps, and in a last ditch effort a puff of smoke appears. Did he use the door? Did he use it as a distraction so he could run out the room or jump through the window?

None of the above.

The room filled with silence, although Ace just grinned.

"Oh, well~" His eyes were glinting.

"W- woah woah woah, wait a minute, wait a minute!" I protest as I pull the now kitten!Boris into my arms. "Ace, you can't. I won't let you."

Ace pauses for a while, then rolls his head back and laughs. "Just like Alice."

"N- No," I reply defensively, kitten!Boris still pressed against my chest. "Alice was like this with every animal. I'm only weak with cats!"

"Alex that's a pretty bold confession," Julius sighs. He grabs Ace by the hood, "Now, stop annoying him."

Papa Julius closes the door straight on Ace's face after pulling him out of my room, and I can hear Ace saying things like "Julius~! You're not fun!". I sigh and look down at the purring kitten in my arms. This was Boris. Boris Airay. The guy I had a verbal fight with the first time we spoke to eachother. Also the guy I slept with (Literally, slept. No sex.). He is now a kitten. And a damn cute one, for that matter. But then again, I find all cats adorable. Even Dinah, and she's a lazy fatty.

I stroke his ear and Boris purrs. He shuffles around a bit, only to completely freeze. I blink, confused, as I suddenly feel a heavy amount of weight pressed against me.

"B- Boris?" I stutter. The Cheshire cat is laying ontop of me, ear pressed against my chest. "What's wrong?"

"Ssh," Oh my God he just ssh'd me, "I haven't heard this in a long time."

"What?" Sudden realisation clicks. God, I feel stupid. "A heart beat?"

 He nods, "Mmhm."

This felt so awkward. He's laying on me. He. I can't stress that word out enough. Boris is a guy. I'm a guy, yet here we are, in a position like this. Hell, if this happened a week ago (basically back home) I would've knee'd him in the stomach if he pulled a stunt like this! Is Wonderland affecting me? Alice said it affected her-- and both myself and Bea believed her. No way she'd swoon over guys so easily.

 Ah. I get it. Just like it effects the residents, it effects the outsider, but in a weaker way. Yeah, that was it. Or maybe it was because two seconds ago he was a cat.

"Alex," I stop thinking and look up at him. Boris is grinning, and in such a way that only a cat could. I gulp.

"Your heart," He begins, pressing down on my chest, "It's beating just like Alice's did."

Damn. I didn't think he'd notice. Heck, I didn't think it would beat faster than usual.

"Well, I'm unhealthy, so it beats more than the average heart."

"Liar," Boris pouts, "Right now, you're liking me just as much as Alice did."

Shrugging nonchalantly, I let out a sigh. "That sounds a little conceited."

Boris frowns, "You're not cute at all."