HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 27

I could not fathom the fact that those two grownass men were Dee and Dum.

How? How the fuck was that possible? They were what, 13? 14? 15, maybe? Now they looked 19, fuck that, 20? 23? What the hell? They looked older than me and I was not happy about that. With them like this I was probably the youngest in the country of hearts. And they were really buff. Which wasn't okay. How do you go from cute teens to sexy grown up men? Nah, I'm not happy with this.

 "BIG BRO~!"

 As they came charging towards me, I heard Boris gulp. 

I take deep breaths. 

Dee notices it first.

"Big bro, what's that?"

Dum blinked and exchanged a look with Dee. What was I supposed to say? Oh, Boris tripped and mistook me for an ice cream? Before I could even open my mouth to explain, the water guns morphed into axes and suddenly I was sitting under a table with a scared little faceless girl as the adult twins fought with Boris.

 The twins were furious, screaming words I couldn't make out over gunshots. Great. I fucked up. I fucked up so so bad. 

Both of the twins were so fast in their adult forms, Boris was fast too, of course, but I was in awe as I watched the twins (even though they were attempting to kill Boris, so now really wasn't the time to be impressed).  Alice hadn't told me about the fact that they could somehow change their age (though evidently, by their outbursts and the ''biiig~broooooooo~!" they seemed to have their childish personalities still). It was cool, I had to admit. One minute they were midgets the next minute they were fully grown men. 

"BORIS!" They screamed as they lunged for him, Boris ducked (holy shit, he was so close to having his tail cut off), though Dee quickly changed his axe into a gun and shot as Boris lowered himself. The pink cat was hit on the shoulder, the first real injury he'd obtained since the fight started -- I glanced over at a nearby clock; an hour ago -- the twins had a couple injuries themselves, nothing too serious though.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE BIG SISTER AND BIG BROTHER." With that Dum's axe was a gun too, and they were both shooting like crazy. 

Bullets were flying back and forth and the stench of blood was filling my nose. The little faceless girl was clutching onto my arm so tightly it was going purple. Not wanting my arm to fall off, I wrapped both arms around her and then darted out from under the table. Now, I'd either get hit by a bullet, or get her hit buy a bullet, or something bad-- either way, there was a high chance that I'd get killed.

The little girl sobbed into my arms as we passed the bodies of unlucky citizens. 

"I'm scared." 

I looked down at her. "Don't be scared," I try to give off my best smile. "I'll get you to your mum."

Eventually I had found her mother, who was hiding in a shop with every other faceless. Unfortunately, the fight had followed me. The twins and Boris were outside of the shop door. What, they found the time to move all the way over here while trying to kill eachother, but Boris didn't have time to bring out that pink door of his (which I still haven't seen) and leave  to somewhere else? 

For fucks sake. These stupid boys.

As I watched from closed doors, I couldn't help but think about the situation I had landed myself and these people around me in. I'm scared. The little girls words were ringing in my mind. This was my fault. People died because I didn't stop Boris from giving me a fucking hickey. Boris was probably going to die because he couldn't control his hormones- eh, that was bound to happen one day, to be honest.

I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared. I could still feel her shaking arms around me.

And suddenly, I had an idea.