HnKnA; Alice's brother. || Prologue

"Alex!" Alice smiled. "Come on! Today's Sunday!"

I sighed. Every Sunday, we went to my elder sister's -- Lorina, she was called -- grave and we then went to the place we usually spent Sundays when she was still alive; same old same old. Sit under the largest willow tree, right at the bottom of the garden, and read books. It does take alot of effort to do this every Sunday, but I don't mind. Alice isn't feeling guilty anymore. Before, she blamed herself for Lorina's death. After an.... inccident, shall we call it, she returned to her regular, grumpy self.

Alice will be twenty-one this year, our big sister Lorina would have been twenty-eight. Edith, our younger sister, will be fourteen. I will be seventeen.

"I'm coming." I replied as I put my jacket on. I looked in the mirror and fixed that one stray hair that liked to dance in the wind when I wasn't watching. My hair was blonder than Alices's, but darker than Edith's. "Alex! You're taking forever!" She whined, impatient as ever.

"Is Edith ready?" I asked as I came down the stairs. Alice paused. I frowned.

"Now that is just plain rude." I sigh. "Yelling at me when Edith is-"

"Edith is ready!" Our bratty younger sister moaned. "Come on, we'll be late!"

Alice and I looked at eachother. Edith had always been a brat. Spoilt and a very big attitude. We drove in the car to the cemetery. Said a few prayers, put flowers down, and left. After returning home, Alice and I went into the garden, down to the old willow tree, the one where Lorina would read to us on her days off. Edith never joined us. Little miss princess was too busy to be reading books and spending time with her family.

"So, what do you think of it?" Alice asked as I laid down on the grass. "Think of what?" I replied, confused. Had she been talking the whole time? Damn, I should've listened rather than focus on the gardeners assistants ass.

"The Kingdom of Hearts!" She yelled. I blinked. Twice. Thrice. "That again...?"

Alice pouted, "Alex, it's the reason I'm who I am today. If it wasn't for everyone, I'd still be the moody git I was after Lorina died."

I knew Alice was telling the truth about this whole, 'Wonderland' and 'Kingdom of Hearts' thing, which to everyone else seemed like a load of bollocks-- who in their right mind would believe people having animals ears? I would. I remember when Alice came running inside and told me all about it, for the first time. She told me about how a White Rabbit had found her. She ignored it and then he suddenly transformed into a half-rabbit-half-man. He lifted her up and took her down the rabbit hole, regardless of what she said (So basically, he kidnapped my sister. What an asshole) She then told me about The Clock Tower and The Castle Of Hearts. Oh, and The Hatter Mansion. Her favourite place to be was at The Amusement Park, because the Cheshire Cat was fun to be around (she says he was fun to be around, but I know, I know she fancied him).

Not forgetting the weirdest part -- yes, weirder than having natural animal ears --  the fact that everyone in this Wonderful Wonder World was a killer. Murderer. However you want to word it. Their items would transform into a gun of some kind and then a fight would start-even over the smallest things. Like name-calling, for example. Now, I  knew Alice couldn't be lying. She was so depressed when Lorina died, blaming it on herself, and then she suddenly became full of life. It was that, or she had gone crazy, but she explained the story in so much detail that It'd be impossible not to believe. Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, Alice also said that if you're an 'Outsider' (What they called people who weren't from the world of Wonderland) the people of Wonderland would fall in love with you. It didn't have to be a sexual love, even the slightest kind of affection. No matter what, the people would become attracted to you, one way or another. Sounds like my kind of place.