HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 24

'"Y- you- you- you're awake." Boris stuttered quietly, like he couldn't believe it. Albeit, he probably couldn't actually believe it. The fact that I touched him on my own free will. Truth be told, there wasn't any special meaning behind this, despite what he may think. The twins left the window open on their way out, and damn it was getting cold in here. Boris, for some reason, wasn't cold at all. Maybe it's the fact that he had his boa on him, or maybe it's because he's a cat. I don't know, but he was warm, and that's all I cared about.

I wasn't even bothered about the fact that I was most definitely leading him on. 

"Alex," Julius called from the other side of the closed door, "Are you going to get up today or not?"

"Not." I replied as I buried my head into Boris' neck. "I can't be bothered."

 "Stop wriggling." I hissed to Boris after Julius sighed, indicating he left and went back to work. His face was almost as pink as his hair. "S- Sorry."

 "Alex?" He said quietly. I glance at him, "Yeah?"

"Roughly, when do you think you'll go home? Back to Alice?" 

I shrug, "Whenever I find a way to. Or whenever Alice manages to take me back. Why?"

"Nothing," He answered, "Just curious."

 I looked at Boris, "D- Do you know how I can get back? I mean, anything about getting me home?"

He shook his head, "...No, sorry."

"Oh." Hopefully I didn't sound too disappointed.  

                                                                                  * * * 

"Where are you taking me?" I frowned. Boris had hauled me out of bed (literally, might I add) and said something along the lines of, 'C'mon Alex! Let's go have some fun!'. Currently, he was dragging me through the forest. God, my feet were killing me.

"Boris!" I snapped, at last, "Where the hell are you taking me?"

"Jus' C'mon!" He gave off his signature smirk. I frowned; if it wasn't the answer I was looking for, then it wasn't an answer altogether. But lost in (annoyed) thought, I did as I was told and continued to walk, not noticing Boris stop. I crashed into his back.

"Ouch--- B- Boris?" 

He sniffed the air, ears twitching.

"What is it?" If he stopped me for a damn mouse, I will not be happy. 

Boris grins and pounces into a nearby bush, and I hear a scream, followed by a squeak. 

The bloody bastard stopped me for a mouse, didn't he?

"Damn it, Boris," I walk over to the bush, "You're like a five year--- wait, what?"

Boris grins again, although this time it's so wide I fear that his face will split. 

"Got you now, mousey."

Mousey looks at me. Small, mouse ears, strange coloured hair...

I sigh, "Boris, unhand Pierce, would you?"

"A- Alex?!" He frowns at me. I shrug, "Just let go of him, would you? I may like cats, however the only disobedient cat I have time for is Dinah."

 He pouts and glances to me, then back to Pierce.

"Fine."  He grumbles. Immediately Pierce darted towards me and gave me a huge hug. "Thank you thank you, thank you!" 

"Get off Alex!"

"Hm?" Pierce smells me. "You're an outsider?"

With a smile I reply with, "I'm Alice's brother, Alex."

"An outsider?" Immediately I notice his lips purse; I swat him away.

"Didn't Alice tell you to stop kissing people just because they're an outsider?"

"Y- Yes, sorry."

"Oh," Two familiar voices fill my ears. "Is that big bro?"