Chapter 22; "Don't Mention It"

Justin's POV

I felt like I was being overly clingy towards Jason ever since he'd taken - rescued - me from St Mary's Church.

It had been exactly two days since then, and Jason had left early this morning to go to work at the library.

That's where my clingy-ness began to bother myself. I actually whined for him not to leave.

Why was I being so weird? I mean, I feel like Jason has to be around me.

Maybe it was because he technically told me he loved me the other night?

No one has ever actually openly said they loved me like that.

I just wanted to be wrapped up in his arms and feel loved 24/7. I sound selfish, don't I?

It was quite awkward too, being around Liam without Jason. I barely knew him. Or his boyfriend, Niall.

They were nice, though. They made me breakfast; and Niall's currently making us some lunch.

I sat on the couch in their lounge room, watching some show called Kyle XY, while Liam looked like he was studying or doing homework.

I was too shy to ask what he was studying.

I chewed my lip as I continued to watch the show; it was actually really interesting despite not having a clue what was going on.

I've never really been able to watch TV shows before.

Mum and Dad only had one TV in the house and every time I'd attempted to watch TV, either my mother was watching a daily soap, my brother was home from college and had MTV/Sports channel on, or our maid Bertha was secretly watching the Crime channel.

I think Bertha was fired a few weeks ago for calling my Dad an arrogant asshole; and for stealing, but mostly the insult towards my Dad.

"Jason's going to back before dinner." Liam spoke, looking down at his phone.

I glanced over to him, nodding slowly.

"If you want to play the play station, go right ahead, we've got loads of games. You don't have to sit there bored." He smiled, "We can find something for you to do."

"Its okay. I'm not very good at playing games... I dont know how to." I blushed lightly.

Liam chuckled, "Jason's pretty addicted to the PS3, so maybe he can teach you later?" He suggested, and I shrugged, "Do you like to read?"

"I mostly read text books, or the bible... I like reading." I told him, nervous as ever.

I'm not good with people I barely know.

"Well," Liam hummed, "Niall's got some really good fiction novels. They're not text books, but they're some of the best stories you could ever read."

I smiled a little, "Do you think he'd let me read one?"

"Only if you eat this pasta and tell me its the best meal you've had in your life." Niall said as he entered the room with two bowls, placing them in front of both Liam and I.

I blushed, nodding my head as he chuckled.

Jason's POV

"Where are the picture books, mister?" A voice slightly demanded as I sat at the desk.

I looked down at the 5 year old girl. Adorable, but evil.

"In the childrens section." I told her.

"Where?" She huffed.

"Maybe if you read the signs..." I told her rudely.

"Do you think I'd be asking for picture books if I could read, dummy?" She snapped, flipping me off.