Chapter Three

**Dedicated to electricpastel**

(Officially edited)

~Dennis~

I never knew that my actions would have this many consequences. My choice of going to college over someone I deeply cared about is very hazy. To this day, I don't know if it was necessarily the right choice.

Ever since I left high school, I have been living in California, and attending a university to get a Master's degree in Psychology. I have always wanted to help people with their problems, and now I can finally live that dream. It's too bad that I had to leave Thea to do so, but it didn't seem like it was going to work out anyways.

Sometimes, I wonder what it would've been like to actually get somewhere with Thea. Maybe that's my problem - I can't get her out of my head. Or, the fact that the memories of our last day together keep creeping into my mind.

"I don't understand," she pleads to me, and I look away, ashamed.

"I'm sorry, Thea," I reply hesitantly and force myself to look away from her.

"Why can't I come with you?!" she yells while sobbing, and I bite my lip.

Working up the little bit of strength I have left, I clear my throat, "Because we all have our own paths to take, and ours are completely different. Yes, we both want to go to college, but we won't have time for each other," I finish and look at her tear-stained face. She grasps her arm, and I start towards her apologetically, but she steps out of reach.

"So you are just going to go?" she whispers and turns around. I put one hand on her shoulder, but she shrugs me off. I turn around and walk to my car, getting a final glimpse of her. She turns around at the sound of my engine and slowly wipes the final tear from her face.