Chapter Eleven

**Dedicated to pratz7**

(Officially Edited)

~Dennis~

I throw the burnt pizza into the trash and sigh. Disgust runs through my body as I take in the scent of the oven. I slam the door shut and run upstairs to Steven's room.

"Hey Stev-" I say, glancing at the pile of blankets that outline his sleeping form. His soft snores fill the room and I can't help but laugh.

Guess he didn't want the pizza after all

I head back to my room and see Thea lying sound asleep on the bed. I smile, gently pulling my shirt off. I pull the covers out from around her and wrap them around both of us. Scooting a little closer to her, I place my arm around her abdomen and get comfortable.

Just as I'm drifting off to sleep, a great idea pops into my head. I battle with my desire to allow myself a few more hours of sweet rest, but I can't. This rather brilliant plan my mind has concocted is too good to sleep for.

So, I begrudgingly unwrap myself from my covers, and tuck them around a sleeping Thea. With a spark of energy, I run downstairs and out into the backyard.

A garden surrounds my house, and I have yet to show it to Thea. Behind the garden is a small lake with a bridge running across its width. I walk over the stone path and take in the smell of the flowers.

Thea is going to love this.

Another smaller idea pops into my mind, and I begin running towards the house. I grab my good carving knife and head back outside.

Running through the garden, I turn around to look up at my bedroom window. Smiling, I continue to run towards the single apple tree my grandmother planted when she was just a little girl. I smile, and climb up its length. I take the knife and carve our initials into it.

After carving T+D into the tree, I stare out into the night. A full moon lights the sky and small, twinkling stars surround it. The moonlight shines into the lake, giving it a gorgeous blue color. Hopping off of the tree, I run back inside and think of what to do next.

Many thoughts run through my mind.

Swimming . . .  no that's too plain.

Climbing a tree . . . no that's too boring.

Picnic . . . no . . . wait yes!

I grab my keys and speed walk to my car. Turning it on, I glance down at the clock.

Time to take a Wal-Mart trip at five in the morning.

*****

My heart starts pounding as I reach the parking lot. I eagerly get out of the car and walk inside. Grabbing a cart, I think of everything I have to get for the perfect picnic.

Aisles of home goods and clothes surround me as I try to pinpoint where I need to be. Pushing my cart faster, I nearly run into a worker. I scan all of the aisles in attempt to find the picnic baskets, when I spot someone very familiar.

Surrounded by a wall of chocolates, I maneuver my cart in attempt to squeeze right next to her.

"Amber?" I call out and the worker turns around.

"Dennis," she says softly and looks away. "How's it going?"

"Pretty good. Hey, can you help me with something?" I ask as her eyes wander from my chest to my eyes in one, solid motion.