Chapter Twelve

**Dedicated to _Dnice21_**

(Officially edited)

~Dennis~

I carry Thea towards the lake, stepping over the wooden bridge. The hot, musty air fills my lungs as I take in a breath. I look down at Thea and smile at her. Her beautiful, golden hair shines in the sunlight. She beams at me, and her crystal blue eyes shimmer. I set her down and hold onto her tightly. She leans her head back and kisses my jaw, causing me to giggle.

"This is amazing, baby," she says softly. Gently grabbing her hand, I walk around the side of the lake to the grassy area. Leaning against a tree, I pull Thea into my side.

"I'm glad you like it, baby," I say, leaning down to kiss her head. She looks up at me and smiles, her gorgeous eyes popping out at me. A sigh releases from my lips, and she steps forward. Biting my lip, I pick her up. I start to walk towards the lake, and she wiggles her feet frantically.

"What are you doing?" she asks, causing me to giggle. Beginning to walk into the lake, the coldness of the water hits my ankles, and I shiver a little. I begin leaning Thea into the lake, causing her to yell at me. Laughing, I drop her into the water from a safe distance.

A second passes, and she doesn't return to the surface. Worried, I walk further into the water, searching for her shadow. I feel hands around my ankles, and am immediately pulled under. Opening my eyes, I see Thea holding her breath and smiling. She lets go of me and rises to the top. I follow her, holding her waist as she takes in air.

"What was that for?" she yells, pushing my arms back. I look at the wet dress hugging her curves in all of the right ways. My hands reach for her again, but she smacks them back once more. I slip my bottom lip under my top one, and she puts her hands at her hips.

"I thought it'd be funny," I say, and she jumps on top of me, causing me to go underwater again. Joining me, she grabs my hands and pulls me closer. We continue to stare at each other, my heart beating faster and faster. Thea points to her mouth and rises to the surface as I follow suit.

I hear Thea's stomach rumble and hold in my laughter. "You hungry?"

"Yeah . . . " she replies, holding her stomach. I grab the picnic basket and begin to lay out the food.

The lunch tray consists of ham, turkey, a sleeve of crackers, and cheese. I open the crackers and Thea stuffs a few slices of meat into her mouth. Laughing, I make a sandwich with all of the types of meat and cheese.

After eating nearly the entire tray, Thea stands up with it, and runs towards the house. I get up slowly and pack up the rest of the basket. Following her, I enter the house and place the basket on the table.

I try to keep up with Thea as I continue to follow her. It's nearly impossible because of how many stairs she can skip at once. I reach the top, panting, and see Thea enter Steven's room. Quietly, I step inside.

~Thea~

I walk into Steven's room as happily as can be. I set the tray on his bed and examine his body. His flat stomach moves up and down as he snores. I pounce on top of him and shake him awake, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head. Laughing, he pushes me off of him, causing me to whimper. I land on something hard and look up. A furious Dennis stands behind me, and I sigh.

"Don't ever push her," he sternly says, picking me up. I wrap my arms around his waist and look at Steven. He gets up and stands right in Dennis's face. I get in between them, my back facing Steven as I look into Dennis's eyes.

"He was just playing around," I hiss softly, rubbing Dennis's arm. He glares at Steven and turns me around, holding me against his stomach.

"If you ever do that again, you are out," Dennis says and let's go of me. He walks out of the room, and I look back at Steven. He is already munching on the tray, causing me to giggle. We sit down on his bed and share the food.

"Well, isn't he overprotective already," Steven whispers, causing me to laugh. I lean back and smile, holding the ring in my hand. I set it on the tray, and Steven's eyes nearly bulge out of his head.

"Well, that explains it," he says and takes another bite of cheese.

"Yeah, it does," I say, jumping as Dennis knocks on the open door.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asks.

"Oh nothing . . . " I pipe up.

He takes my arms from around me and steps out of my grasp. "Steven, get out."

"Dude-"

"Now!" he barks, making me jump. Steven gets off of the bed and rushes out of the room.

"What was that for?" I stand in front of him and yell.

"He pushed you-"

"It was a joke!" I furiously state, and he gently grabs my hand.

"I'm sorry, I just hate it when guys do that," he admits and looks into my eyes.

"It's fine," I reply, and he gets closer to me. My heart thumps faster and faster as our bodies are nearly touching. Our gaze continues as I feel his hand go down my side, and I try not to wince from the bruises.

Leaning in, he presses his forehead against mine as our breaths become heavy. "I love you."

"I love you too," I reply and he leans me against the bed. His lips slowly come crashing down on mine - the kiss being very gentle - and I wrap my arms around his neck in response.

Will we go all of the way?

A/N

Hey guys!

So, do you like the new ending for this chapter?

I know I do. : )

If you did, feel free to leave a vote/comment.

Love you all xx