Chapter Seven

**Dedicated to SugaPie123**

(Officially Edited)

~Thea~

With nowhere to go and no one to call, I continue driving. I don't know how I'm going to get to California without any money, but I desperately need to see Dennis. I trust only him with the knowledge of what just happened. I'm not scared of Daniel anymore; I don't have to be. I'm done with him, and that is final.

Suddenly, my cell phone beeps. Pulling over, I hesitantly dig it out of my pocket, and look at the front screen.

One new message from: Daniel.

Should I read the message . . . or should I just block him . . .

After about ten minutes of sitting and staring at the phone, I unlock my screen and decide to read the message.

Daniel: Baby, I'm so sorry for doing what I did. I . . . I wasn't thinking, and I was really mad about other things. I didn't mean to take it out on you and I'm so sorry. Please . . . come home . . . I love you . . .

I re-read the message over and over in the abandoned parking lot. My vision starts to get blurry as my eyes fill with tears. All of this time spent on a faulty relationship; I should've just broken up with him after I found out he was cheating on me the first time. But of course, being as forgiving and gullible as I am, I decided to stay with him. My fingers graze over the keyboard, and I begin typing.

Me: No Daniel. I am done with your games. It is time for both of us to move on and be happy. I'm not sorry one bit for all of the pain this may cause you. You have caused me much more physical AND emotional pain than I could ever deal to one person. We are through. Goodbye Daniel, and have fun with your other toys.

I send the text after rereading it and decide to remove Daniel from my contacts. Because we are not legally together, no lawyers need to be involved. I look down at my hands and examine the ring that Daniel gave me. I remember that day so clearly . . . I could never forget it.

"Here you are," the waiter says, guiding us to our table. Both Daniel and I take our seats and we smile at each other.

We were so happy then . . . like nothing could break us apart.

I remember looking around the room in awe.

Chandeliers light up the room, giving it a golden tint. Round tables draped with silk sloths fill the white tile floor. There are seats made of red velvet fabric.

I certainly had never been to a restaurant that fancy.

"Wow . . . it's beautiful," I say, looking at my boyfriend.

"A very beautiful place for the most beautiful woman in the world," he says, winking at me. I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and try to hide my face, but Daniel notices, and runs his hand on my cheek. We order our food and after about half an hour of waiting, the food is finally served to us. I stare down at the steak the waiter gave to me. I graze my knife over the fresh char lines and sink my knife into it. I cut off a piece and look at the inside. A nice, pink ring was visible in the middle of it.

"Mmmmmm, my favorite," I say and Daniel smiles. I look at his plate and then at him with a disgusting, but playful look on my face. He ordered some crab legs with a small plate of butter. Coating the crab with butter, he looks up at me.

"What is that look for?" he asks, grinning at me.

I always loved playing around with him, even if the situation was serious.