Chapter Ten

**Dedicated to Scarlett_LB**

(Officially Edited)

~Dennis~

I wake up to a loud bang coming from downstairs.

I jolt up, my eyes popping right open, and look down at Thea. Her messy, blonde hair is scattered across my chest. I move part of it out of her face and find that her eyes are closed. Gently, I move out from under her and wrap the blanket around her thin body. I grab the baseball bat behind my door and start down the steps.

The banging starts to get louder. . . and louder . . . and my heart begins to pound. I reach the end of the steps and walk hesitantly towards the front door. My vision is still blurred from just waking up, but I attempt to look through the peephole. Unfortunately, I am only able to make out a dark figure.

I unlock the door and turn the handle slightly. The person pushes inside, and all at once, I bring the bat down. The force abruptly stops, and I find dirty hands holding it still.

"Dennis, it is me, Steven!" a voice says, and I sigh. He places the bat on the ground and steps away from me.

"What the hell were you thinking banging on my door at three in the fucking morning?" I yell.

"Sorry, but I have a big problem," says Steven. I scrunch my eyes together to try and clear my vision. When I open them, I am taken aback by his reflection. His black hair is not only greasy; it is standing up in random places.

I try not to breathe in his musty smell as I continue to look at him. His gaunt figure implies that he hasn't eaten in a few days. My eyes begin to concentrate on his face, that is sporting a large, red bruise, and I frown.

"What happened to you?" I ask, concerned for him.

"My girlfriend thought I was cheating on her, and she beat me. I didn't want to hit her back, and I was trying to explain everything, but she wouldn't listen. So, she kicked me out of her place. I had to look through a phone book to find your house, man," he responds, and my eyes widen.

Steven is a laid back guy, and he wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" I ask, and he shakes his head. He walks over to the couch and sits down, laying across its length.

"No . . . I just need some rest, a shower, some food, and a place to stay for a while," he jokes, causing me to laugh. I go into the kitchen and open the freezer. I pull out a pizza and preheat the oven. Walking back into the living room, I find Thea on the steps in my blue robe. Smiling, I walk over to her.

"What is going on down here?" she asks. Her head turns to face Steven, and she gasps. She runs to him and gives him a hug, causing me to chuckle.

"Steven is in really deep, and he will be staying with us for a little while. Is it okay if he stays in you room?" I ask, and she smiles, nodding while throwing her arms around me. I hug her waist and pick her up. Setting her on the couch, I lean down and give her a big kiss.

"Really? Thanks man!" Steven says, and I take him upstairs to show him the room. I come back downstairs to find an empty living room. Confused, I search for Thea. I walk into the kitchen and place the pizza in the oven. When I walk into the dining room, I find Thea observing the pictures of us all from high school.

"Sorry, I-"

"It's fine," I interrupt and wrap my arms around her waist. She winces, and I lift her shirt up. I find a large, purple bruise on the side of her stomach and sigh.

"Missed one . . ." she attempts to joke around, and I motion for her to sit. My feet pound against the wooden floor as I reach the bathroom. I return to her with Icy Hot and begin spreading it on the bruise.

"You don't have to-"

"It's fine, love," I interrupt once again, and she smiles.

"Why don't we go see Steven now," she suggests, and I intertwine my fingers with hers. All at once, we walk to the stairs, but Thea let's go of my hand and begins running up them by herself, reminding me of her first day here.

And this is why I'm so in love with her.

~Thea~

I run up the stairs as fast as I can. I begin panting as I reach the top. Peaking into my room, I see Steven look up at me from the bed. I walk in and sit next to him.

"Long time no see," he says, smiling at me. I give him another hug, and he wraps his arms around me.

"How's it been?" I ask, getting up and grabbing him clothes to change into. I turn around to see him bite his lip, and I frown.

"It's . . . been. How about you? How long have you and Dennis been dating?" he asks, and my stomach churns at the thought.

"I've been better, and we aren't really a thing right now," I say, handing him the clothes. He furrows his brow, and I blush with embarrassment, turning back around to avoid his concerning stare. I feel a hand on my shoulder and let out a sigh.

"Right, well I'm sure it will all work out in the end," he says giving me a small smile. I hear footsteps on the stairs and look at Steven. He starts smirking, and I raise my brow at him.

"Hide. Now," he says, and I jump into the closet. He closes the door, and I peek through the crack.

"Where is Thea?" I hear Dennis ask. Beginning to laugh, I cover my mouth and continue staring at the two. I see Dennis look at the closet, and freeze in my position. He starts to walk towards it, but is stopped by Steven.

"She's in the bathroom, dude. Chill out," he says, letting Dennis go. He continues to stare at the closet, and I can't help but smile at his confused look. He turns around and starts heading out of the room. I burst out of the closet and run up to him, jumping on his back. He jumps, frightened by my sudden appearance.

"What the hell you two?" he yells jokingly. I jump off of his back and look into his eyes.

"Can we go on a date later today?" I ask him, and he smiles. He leans down and kisses me, his lips practically melting into mine. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and we are broken apart.

"No PDA please!" Steven says, and we all laugh. Dennis sweeps me off of my feet, and I dangle them in the air.

"Yes ma'am, but it will be a surprise," he says and kisses me. We head down the hall, and he sets me on his bed, wrapping the covers around me. He leans his head down and looks into my eyes. Right as he is about to kiss me, I hear the fire alarm go off.

"Oh shit the pizza!" he says and runs downstairs. I laugh, pulling the covers over me and finally drifting off to sleep.

 I laugh, pulling the covers over me and finally drifting off to sleep

A/N

Ahhh it is here already!

I'm sorry for rearranging things, it works better this way.

I hope you enjoy!

Feel free to leave a vote and/or a comment if you'd like! : )