Chapter Six

**Dedicated to oncealwaysforever**

(Officially Edited)

~Thea~

We both are completely silent as we walk out of the crowded airport. With my other hand, I feel my face, and it is very hot. If I had known that Daniel was going to show up, I would've just taken the bus, a train, or a taxi. Now, I am stuck having to explain why I was at the airport going to California.

"Baby . . . it's not what you think," I say quietly as he continues to drag me towards his car. He stops pulling me and moves a few steps back, away from me.

"Oh, but I think it is, Thea," he says and grabs my arms violently. I try to break free of his grasp, but he holds onto me tighter. His nails sink into my skin, causing me to whimper a bit.

"Daniel, stop, you are hurting me!" I yell, and he pushes me against a nearby pole. His face is tomato red, and I can see the anger boiling inside him, just waiting to burst out with full force.

"Oh, so it's okay to lie to me and hurt me, but I can't hurt you?!" he shouts, picking me up. I begin wiggling frantically in his arms, trying to get free of his grasp, but he is just too strong. He takes me to his car and throws me in the back seat.

"You can get your car later, we are going home," he says, getting into the driver's seat. As he starts the car up, I gently push the door open and hop out. I run for my life and hear a car door slam shut. I look for the pole that is labeled C, which is not very close to where Daniel is parked. Quickening my pace, I hear Daniel shouting at me, beginning to get closer.

"Thea, if you don't stop, you are in big trouble!" he says as I turn behind some trucks to try and lose him. I can still hear him running in the distance, but he is slowing down. I continue to run as fast as I can when I see the pole labeled C. I find my car and fumble with my keys to unlock it. I turn to look for Daniel, and my heart starts racing.

"Hello there," I hear behind my back and freeze.

"Daniel . . . just leave me be okay?" I say in a soft tone.

"No! You were going to go see that Dennis guy, and I'm not having one bit of it!" he says and picks me up. Daniel grabs my keys and pops the trunk, throwing me in and shutting it. I hear a car door shut and bang on the trunk loudly.

As we drive along a bumpy road, my heart starts thumping faster and faster.

What is he going to do to me?

Daniel was never the one to hurt people, but could he potentially hurt me?

The trunk of my car smells like old shoes, and maybe spilled lasagna. The combined mixture almost makes me gag, but my fear of the future holds it back. Plus, I don't know how long I am going to be in here. That thought sparks another round of terror in me.

I need to get to Dennis . . .

After what seems like an hour of banging, I stop. There was absolutely no chance of me getting away from him. I am so naive for thinking that Daniel could not get this violent.

I feel the car come to a constant stop and hear footsteps near my feet. The trunk opens, and I see nothing but light. Daniel picks me up and carries me into the house.

When he unlocks the door, he carries me over to the couch. I immediately get up, but he pushes me right back down. My heart begins pounding in my chest, and I start to panic, seeing rage in Daniel's eyes.

"You wanna hurt me, ay? Well, you haven't seen the worst of me," he says, taking off all of his clothes. I manage to crawl all of the way to the television, but it's too late. He picks me up and slams me on the couch.