Chapter Nineteen

**Dedicated to Ady_dreams**

Chapter Status: Edited

Don't forget to vote!

~Dennis~

I get up and pace around the room. 'Why is she here?' I think as I pound on the walls with frustration. I hear the doorknob turn and stare at the door. Officer Kurt appears at the door looking distressed, as he motions for me to sit. I sit in the chair, and he leans over me.

"Look, I don't know who is telling the truth here, but we just took a statement from Thea. She says Daniel has never hurt her. Is that true?" he explains. My heart drops into my stomach, and I start to get nauseous. 'Why did she lie?' I think as I begin to shake. My heart begins thumping faster as sweat runs down my face.

"Son, are you okay?" the officer asks. My eyes start to slowly droop, and my breathing becomes heavier. I slowly look up at him and reach for his hand.

"Is..she...okay..?" I manage to say.

"Yes, but she wanted me to give you this," he says, handing me a small, silver thing. I take it from him slowly and look down at it. Sorrow fills my entire body, and I begin sobbing.

"I'm sorry," he finishes.

"Tell...Thea...I love her.." I say, and the room goes dark.

******

I wake up to a bright light in my face. I groan and look to side, trying to avoid the harsh light. The light gets turned off, and I blink my eyes.

"Glad to see you awake, Dennis," a familiar voice says. I peer and see a nurse checking my vitals.

"Same here, Samantha," I say, recalling the last time I was in here.

"Last time I saw you, you were nearly dead!" she exclaims, typing on the computer. I let out a small laugh at her statement.

"Last time I saw you, I..." I say, trailing off. She looks down at me and gives me a genuine smile.

"No worries. I know how it feels to want to see the love of your life," she replies.

"How'd you-"

"I could see it in your eyes, Dennis," she says, beaming at me like a two year old.

"Ah," I reply, a lump forming in my throat. My heart aches, and it feels like there is a black hole in it. 'Thea..' I think as a single tear rolls down my cheek.

"So, how are you guys?" Samantha asks, interrupting my thoughts. I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach.

"Not well. Could you give me something for nausea please?" I ask, passing up the question. She nods and heads out of the room. I stare up at the white ceiling and sigh. I lick my dry lips and look around for water. Instead, I find Thea's ring on the bedside table. I instantly begin sobbing, my eyes filling with tears. I see the figure of a person and wipe them away.

"Here you are," she says, giving me a cup with pills. Frowning, she returns to her computer. I put the pills in my mouth and wince at the taste. Spitting them out, I look up at her.

"Could I please get some water? I ask.

"Oh yeah, sorry," she says while filling up a white, foam cup with water.