Did Someone Say Scandal? {17}

Malea's POV

The following two weeks were nothing but hectic. It was either photos shoots or interviews with different magazines. It was our last day in Rome and Lucian, Ales and I sat in the living room, the show Bigtime Buzz on.

Bigtime Buzz is a celebrity insider show that informs everyone on the lastest scandals and hookups in the celebrity world. I think most of their info is fake and leads most people on, but it's still entertaining to watch. Ales had insisted Lucian and I watch with her because she said someone had told her she was going to be on the show tonight.

I turned my attention to the busty brunette with purple lipstick. She sat with her co-host who had electric purple hair and huge hoop earrings.

The brunette grinned and turned to her co-host. "Opal, did you know that it's been confirmed Ales and Lucian King are in Rome?"

Opal, the one with the purple hair smiled as a picture of Lucian and Ales popped onto the television screen. Ales was in a short black dress, shades covering her eyes and she was hand in hand with Lucian who had on jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt. They were both walking down the street, oblivious to the fact that this picture had been taken. Lucian looked good. I bit my lip absently.

"When was that taken?" Lucian asked suddenly. He flung his arm around Ales's shoulders and brought her closer to himself. I shrunk away from them jealously.

Ales turned to him and wrinkled her upturned nose flirtatiously and she leaned in a bit. "I remember that day. You and I went out for lunch and Malea stayed huddled under the blankets like the anisocial hermit she is."

I rolled my eyes and elbowed Ales jokingly. She grinned at me and stuck out her tongue.

"Did you know, Fiona, that our sources also say Ales and Lucian King were seen hanging out another woman? And get this. This mystery woman isn't even a celebrity." Opal countered as a picture of myself, Ales and Lucian took the place of the last picture.

I was in a gray two peice. The knee length, tight skirt flattering my nude heels and curvy figure and the semi-small gray coordinating crop top, accentuating my darker skin tone. My head was thrown back in laughter. I remember I laughed at something Lucian had said. I usually never see him when he was relaxed and it was a different side of him.

Lucian and Ales stood to the side of me, in the photo, their hands entangled. "Our researchers did some more digging on this woman standing next to Ales and Lucian and guess what her name is, Opal?" Fiona broke my reverie.

I paused. Did Fiona just say that her researchers figured out my name?

Opal feigned anticipation. Opal and Fiona's 'best friend' relationship on set seemed false. "Spill the beans, Fi-Fi." I almost burst out laughing at that stupid nickname. I bet you Opal has never called Fiona, Fi-Fi before in her life.

Fiona smiled irritably at Opal before returning her attention to the papers on the desk. "Her full name is Malea Grace Hayes." What the hell? How could they know something like that? "Her family originates from Finland."

Lucian turned to me, a smirk lifting at the corner of his lips. I didn't know you were Finnish. He mouthed without saying a word. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that played on the corner of my lips.

A picture of me alone popped onto the screen. "In my opinion, Malea looks 10 times hotter than Alesandra any day." Opal added as a picture of Ales popped on to the screen next to my picture for comparison.

I sucked in a harsh breath and turned to see Ales, her face contorted in disgust.

"Same here." Fiona agreed. "I wonder if Malea and Lucian are a little more than friends behind the scenes." Fiona wiggled her eyebrows and Opal giggled.

I could feel the heat rising up my cheeks. How could they insinuate something like that without proof?

Ales pulled Lucian's arm away from hers. "Is that true, Malea?" She asked, turning to me.

I opened and closed my mouth, my words unable to come out. I was caught off guard. "N-No. Of course not. I would never cheat on Levi, let alone go behind your back and date your husband." I managed stupidly.

Ales scowled and turned back to the tv.

"It also looks like Lucian and Malea have something going for them. I mean look at this picture. How cute are they? I mean even Ales looks jealous." A picture of Lucian and I came onto the screen. I was smiling at him and he had his arm slung over my shoulder and Ales stood scowling in the background. No. Fiona and Opal got it all wrong.

Lucian and I were just sharing a joke. I didn't even know Ales felt that way. I enjoyed the way we laughed and the feel of his arm around my shoulders, but that didn't change the fact that it looked like I was trying to steal my best friend's husband.

"I totally ship them. Text to the number 48810 to share your opinion on Lucian's and Malea's budding romance. Tweet to the hashtag Macian to share your input on their ship name." Opal smirked.

"This has been Bigtime Buzz and we'll see you next time with the latest buzz of the moment." Fiona winked and the show ended.

Ales got up suddenly and headed towards the front door. "I need air."

***
Levi's POV

I pulled her closer than I thought was even possible, our lips entangled with one another. Every inch of my body was on fire as my hands drifted down her body. I felt guilty. But why should I be guilty when my plan worked? Once I became Malea's official boyfriend, Gina came crawling back. Jealousy made Gina come crawling back. I missed Gina so much.

Gina pulled away from me and looked into my eyes, her swollen lips pulled in a smile. She leaned into my ear. "When Malea comes back from Rome, you need to break things off with her." She placed a kiss on my neck. "So it can be just you and me." Then she crashed her lips back onto mine. I welcomed the euphoria and pushed away the guilt.

I would just tell Malea things weren't working out between us. Simple. Then I would have Gina all to myself.

                               ***
Malea's POV

I crashed on to my bed in my apartment with a relieved sigh. Home sweet home.

Levi only called once or  twice during the two weeks I was gone. I miss him.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. He didn't pick up. I shrugged. Maybe he's busy. I'll call later. I don't really know how this whole relationship thing goes so I wouldn't know if he's supposed to call me or vise versa. Either way, I didn't want to seem controlling and call again. Instead I settled for a simple text.

I'm back home. Missing you. And send.

                               ***

A/N

Hey! This chapter was short, but I just wanted to put something out there for you all to read.

How was my last chapter? Was it boring? How was this chapter? What do you think about Levi now?  ;)

You guys are amazing! My book is 300 views away from 2k! I'm so excited to reach that goal so please share this book with anyone you might think will be interested, comment, and favorite before closing out of the book! If you'd like, please follow my account here for updates whenever new chapters are uploaded.

Much love babes <3
-Me :)